Author Topic: Hair Line  (Read 4015 times)

Offline Adam I

• Learning the way of Sly
Hair Line
« on: January 05, 2015, 08:50:28 PM »
Hey guys, I am new to the forum and I am really impressed with the forum. I have already read things that have helped me. There is one thing that does bother me daily, and that is my hair line. I shave my head daily, preferably in the morning because I can go a bit longer before it shows. Any advice on how to get rid of it for a longer period? I have thought about trying a DE razor but not sure. Thanks in advance.

Offline AJ Q-Ball

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald Head and Full Beard: Awesome combination
Re: Hair Line
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 09:55:16 PM »
Thanks for your input and welcome! I'm not sure if I can help in regards to your question. I've heard a straight razor shave gets it really close.  I've shaved with a shavette but stopped after sustaining a minor cut a couple weeks ago. It really depends on your blade I guess. Maybe my comrades can give better input.

Offline Adam I

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 08:37:30 AM »
Thanks for the input Aj. I am just really self conscious about it.  Anyway appreciate it man!  And props to using a shavette...

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 09:46:06 AM »
Welcome to the board, Adam....Correct me if I'm wrong here...but are you referring to the shadow left behind after shaving? Also, do you still have a full head of hair or are you showing MPB? As far as the shadow, in the beginning, it's going to show a lot for a while until either you start to develop MPB and/or get some tan. As far as the DE, when I shave with a DE, my smoothness lasts anywhere from 24 to 48 hours. The only other way to kill the shadow is to either get a laser job, epilate your head or tweeze, all of which can be painful and/or expensive. If you can, post a photo so we can see what you're working with. Again, welcome and Happy New Year!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Adam I

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2015, 11:04:40 AM »
Thanks for the response. Yes I mean the shadow left behind on the back of my head. I do have MPB, so I started shaving to try and hide it.  However after a half day it's back.  Thanks again man,  I really appreciate it.

Offline Adam I

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2015, 11:07:05 AM »

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2015, 11:13:28 AM »
Thanks for the picture....Yeah, you're going to see that a lot on most bald/balding guys...but yours is barely noticeable. The key to minimizing the appearance is to get a tan (a small amount of time in the sun) on your head to minimize the appearance. Hair tends to be strongest in the back and sides but you just have to give it time as you are just starting. A good DE blade, the Microtouch, can be found in most drugstores or WalMart for around $20.....Down the road, you may want to invest in a shaving brush, shaving soap and Shave Secret preshave oil once you get used to shaving.....but I'm going to be honest with you. The only people that will really notice your horseshoe shadow are mostly other headshavers, the average person is just going to see a shaved head. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it...
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Adam I

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2015, 11:34:35 AM »
I sure appreciate it that does make me feel better that we all are the ones that mostly notice it.  I was using a fusion.... Switched to the executive from dollar shave club and got a bit closer. Will the micro touch get even closer?  Currently I will use the executive and then also turn it around and use the touch up blade because it gets a bit closer. Just started a brush last night,  and that's gonna take me a couple of times to get right.  Definitely different. Thanks again

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2015, 12:00:55 PM »
Once your remaining hair turns gray, it will become invisible.  So now you have a reason to want to turn gray.
SlyBeard

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2015, 12:03:37 PM »
The shadow will always be noticeable. Having a tan helps but it will still be there.

I have used a few DE razors but much prefer the Mach 3 at the moment with a good badger brush and proper shaving cream.

Welcome aboard this great forum!