Author Topic: My first attempt with DE!  (Read 2231 times)

Offline Chef Bruce

• Learning the way of Sly
My first attempt with DE!
« on: December 11, 2014, 06:30:39 PM »
WOW I purchased the Microtouch One at CVS today as I wanted to try a DE out but not invest a lot if I did not like. I have to say it was a bit more involved than just the mindless shave with my usual pro glide cartridge razor and still need some practice but this inexpensive gem did a bang up job!! I'll continue to practice with this one and then move up to a better one. The Dorco razors were great for my head but when shaving my neck I got a little burn but I'm sure it Waite my fault than the equipment!! I would definatly  suggest this to a newbie to the DE world!!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: My first attempt with DE!
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 07:14:23 PM »
Welcome to the group! And thanks for the review!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline gwsmallwood

• Sly
  • AZ Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2014, 08:29:35 AM »
Welcome down the rabbit hole.  It only gets better.  Pretty soon you'll be able to do it almost as quickly as a cart, with much more comfortable, closer results.

Offline Chef Bruce

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2014, 03:17:12 PM »
Thanx for the welcome guys.  I have been shaving my head (by choice) since early '90's and I don't know why I even waited that long. I have always used some form of cart, but have used a brush and soap for awhile now. My mom just gave me my Great Grandads brush and soap bowl and I am so siked! I have also been making my own pre-shave oils and after-shave balms with a lot of success and wow does it save some $$$$! Up to 70+%! Easy and I can just add whichever essential oil scent I am in the mood for! I think my next razor is going to be the e&j ee89. Good reviews and I like the way it looks. Again a big thank you for the welcome!!

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2014, 03:02:21 PM »
Hi Chef Bruce:  Welcome to the sly fraternity.  Glad that you joined us and glad that you are shaving the traditional way.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!