Author Topic: Finally Sly and loving it!  (Read 5744 times)

Offline Dann

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: Finally Sly and loving it!
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2014, 03:42:53 AM »
Thankyou gentlemen, you're all too kind :)

bald Luck14

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2014, 02:54:56 PM »
Welcome Dann! It's great having you here.

Offline Dann

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2014, 05:15:17 AM »
Thanks! :)

Well, two weeks down and its been going great so far, with nothing but positive feedback  O0
I'm not a great fan of the cartridge razor (and its associated expenses), so I've made the jump to DE razors.
I'm waiting on a Bluebeard's Revenge Scimitar razor and a large sample pack of DE blades to arrive, and researching B&B, youtube, and SLY of course for techniques and tips.

If I survive, I'll post my findings!  :XX

Offline Adamski1972

• Super Sly
  • Bald and bold!
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2014, 02:26:58 PM »
Welcome to forum Dann. Glad it's going so well for you!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 06:30:21 AM by Adamski1972 »

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2014, 04:18:22 PM »
Welcome
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Dann

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2014, 04:11:35 AM »
Welcome

Thanks!  ;D

Well, I've transitioned to a safety razor; and a few nicks, razor bumps and trying to perfect the angle aside, I'm getting decent results that will improve with practice.

My artillery is limited but I've started with the below regimen:

'68-71 Schick Krona
Personna Red
Vie-Long Peleon Horsehair Brush
Occams Pre-Shave Soap
Cella Soap
Woolworths Alpha ASB
Brut Original ASL

Offline DOC_OSMC

• Bald and Bearded
  • Super Sly
  • Pleasure's a sin, and sometimes sin's a pleasure.
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2014, 12:30:00 PM »
Welcome mate!  Definitely looks good with the beard.  I'm jealous though, I wish I could grow a beard as full as yours! 

Are you an everyday shaver?  Sink in front of the mirror or by feel in the shower?

I started out as a sink shaver but now am strictly a shower shaver by feel.  I find that it makes the shaving easier and quicker as well.
My granddaddy once told me, "If you can't hack it, gecho' jacket!"

Offline SWvic

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2014, 02:15:55 AM »
Ahhhhh another Aussie!!!

Look awesome, Dann! Welcome!

Offline Dann

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2014, 05:42:33 AM »
Welcome mate!  Definitely looks good with the beard.  I'm jealous though, I wish I could grow a beard as full as yours! 

Are you an everyday shaver?  Sink in front of the mirror or by feel in the shower?

I started out as a sink shaver but now am strictly a shower shaver by feel.  I find that it makes the shaving easier and quicker as well.

Thanks Doc! I'm quite attached to it  :*))
I am an everyday sink shaver, still quite new to the headshaving game, as my technique gets better I may shave by feel (I do for the back of my head anyway).
Are you a DE or cartridge man?

Ahhhhh another Aussie!!!

Look awesome, Dann! Welcome!

Cheers mate, I appreciate it! :)

Offline DOC_OSMC

• Bald and Bearded
  • Super Sly
  • Pleasure's a sin, and sometimes sin's a pleasure.
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2014, 11:43:13 AM »

Thanks Doc! I'm quite attached to it  :*))
I am an everyday sink shaver, still quite new to the headshaving game, as my technique gets better I may shave by feel (I do for the back of my head anyway).
Are you a DE or cartridge man?

Definitely....your technique will change over time and will improve.  Seems like you're getting the hang of shaving by feel so it's just a matter of time.

I'm a cartridge man, I use the Fusion ProGlide exclusively.  I would like to try out a DE, but time is my enemy and thus the ProGlide gives me the smoothest shave in the least amount of time.  I know with a DE you have to take your time lest you want a head full of nicks and cuts.  What about yourself?
My granddaddy once told me, "If you can't hack it, gecho' jacket!"

Offline Dann

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2014, 12:24:28 AM »

Definitely....your technique will change over time and will improve.  Seems like you're getting the hang of shaving by feel so it's just a matter of time.

I'm a cartridge man, I use the Fusion ProGlide exclusively.  I would like to try out a DE, but time is my enemy and thus the ProGlide gives me the smoothest shave in the least amount of time.  I know with a DE you have to take your time lest you want a head full of nicks and cuts.  What about yourself?

I started out with cartridges, using a Bic Hybrid 4, but switched to safety (DE/SE/Injector) razors after a few weeks and have found that I have less nicks and cuts using a safety razor than with a cartridge - probably because less pressure needs to be applied.
I have found the difference in shave times is minor, when I was using cartridges it was about 15 minutes, with a safety razor about 20.
The price difference between the blades was a big drawcard for me.

Enter your email address: