Confidence and Success > How to Build Confidence

How do I stop caring about hairloss? (21)

<< < (2/5) > >>

invaray:
You asked how people got past it or stopped caring...

I understand how you feel when mine started to thin I just wanted it to hurry up and all fall out. I don't like being in between phases. Shaving it off gave me control no more gray hair no more thinning to see. If you can't fix it feature it. I now would never want to have hair again. You know if you had a full head of hair you would then focus on other things as trivial. Maybe it would be the size of your nose or your ears or how tall or the color of you eyes.

There comes a time and this is really the issue I see in what your writing is facing we are mortal and are here for a very short time. Trees live longer than we do.  Spend time thinking about that and come to terms with it and the hair won't matter.  If you went to a doctor and he said you are going to die you have a few weeks to live, hair suddenly would not be a concern. Well the truth is you are going to die it could be today next week or hopefully many years from now.

maybe some quotes from Star Trek will help....

"Seize the time... Live now, Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again."

"Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. But I rather believe than time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important how we lived."

Hair is not the problem or the solution.

Anonymously Balding:

--- Quote from: AJ Q-Ball on November 11, 2014, 02:45:24 PM --- Let me just say I happen to be a white bald guy and have gotten nothing but compliments since I decided to permanently shave my head clean.
--- End quote ---

You actually pull it off well with that Kick-ass beard. I can't grow one of those but hopefully it will fill in in the next few years.

Anonymously Balding:

--- Quote from: Razor X on November 11, 2014, 08:35:00 PM ---Shave your head -- even if you really don't want to

--- End quote ---

I'm not quite ready for full sly yet but I've been buzzing down to no.1 and will probably move on to a no guard soon.

Thanks for replying.

Anonymously Balding:

--- Quote from: geeman on November 12, 2014, 04:31:58 AM ---you sound like you may be ready for a buzz cut.... .... hit the gym...

--- End quote ---

Yes I have been buzzing it down to a no.1 for the last few months. I actually like it, if I had a full head of hair I would number 1 it anyway, unfortunately in just a little while I probably won’t be able to get away with it and will start having to no guard it.

I think health and body is a more positive attribute than hair anyway, so since I started receding I've been exercising and being more conscious about what I put into my body and definitely I will continue to do so. It's strange, I've tried fitness before but always got fed up and left it, never before have I made this much progress. If ANYTHING good can be said about balding it is that it has given me the motivation to get fit.

Thanks for the advice.

Anonymously Balding:

--- Quote from: invaray on November 12, 2014, 09:35:04 AM ---You asked how people got past it or stopped caring...

I understand how you feel when mine started to thin I just wanted it to hurry up and all fall out. I don't like being in between phases.

maybe some quotes from Star Trek will help....

"Seize the time... Live now, Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again."

"Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. But I rather believe than time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important how we lived."

Hair is not the problem or the solution.

--- End quote ---

I also don't like being in between. I think I might actually feel better when It's all gone. It's watching it go I can't stand.
But I can't bring myself to go full sly yet, when it get's really bad I will probably have to, but right now I wan't to keep my buzz cut.

Nice quotes, thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version