Author Topic: first head shave with the de!  (Read 4785 times)

Offline agentfortyseven

• Sly Jr.
first head shave with the de!
« on: October 28, 2014, 09:40:10 PM »
Well after using the de to shave my face a couple of times i just couldn't wait any longer to try it out on my head. Wow that made for a great shave! I have been using the headblade atx. I didn't get every little bit of hair off but close enough for a first go. It was a little awkward in some places and i got a tad careless while navigating around my ear and got a nice reminder to be careful on the back of my ear :o, but aside from that it was very pleasant and left my head feeling much better that it usually does after shaving with the atx. After only three shaves of the face and once on top i am convinced that de razors are the way to go!

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
Re: first head shave with the de!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 04:05:22 AM »
And it just keeps getting better from this point!
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 06:04:50 AM »
Keep at it!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline geeman

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 12:08:11 PM »
I use my de on my head, but only at weekends, when I have the time. also been shaving while in the shower or bath, so I can get the stubble nice and hot, difference is noticeable, as like most,  I have some shadow,  but with the de in the shower/bath, it's around 50% less

Offline SlickChromeDome

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 03:54:13 PM »
Never used a DE but have been contemplating getting one...what should I buy? how hard is it to shave head with? What's the learning curve like?

Offline Grizzly92

• Sly Guy in Training
  • Sorry for my english, I'm French...
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 04:05:09 PM »
Hi,
2 days ago it was my first DE shave with a Feather popular, Gillette blue blades...bloody bath! Should return to my wahl detailer...

Offline SlickChromeDome

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2014, 07:44:37 PM »
Geez Grizzly92....that's what I'm afraid of. How's the wahl detailed? Does it get as close shaving with a razor?

Offline Grizzly92

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2014, 08:32:18 PM »
Hi,
Far away not, the DE is the best, i think i was too fast and i used a bad shaving soap without brush. See my pic, this is 2 days grow after the DE and almost the same with wahl detailer but the same day.

Offline agentfortyseven

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2014, 03:30:46 AM »
I went with the merkur hd 34c and it has been great!  The learning  curve was not nearly as bad as anticipated.  You do need to go slow and make sure you do a proper prep before shaving. After a week of shaving with it every day I was very  comfortable with it

Offline 120inna55

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • 120inna55
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2014, 05:32:26 AM »
I highly recommend a Edwin Jagger as a first DE razor.  It's mild and efficient. Excellent choice while learning, but by no means should it be considered a "beginners" razor only.  Many use it as their daily driver.

Blades, of course, make a huge difference.  I think Astras pair well with the EJ, but given it's mild nature, it's forgiving enough that you will also do fine with the sharper (some say harsher) Feathers.

Offline Grizzly92

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2014, 05:37:57 AM »
Exactly, Edwin Jagger DE89 is good

Offline SlickChromeDome

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2014, 08:13:42 AM »
Thanks guys...might have to give it a go! I've become so comfortable with my headblade razor (occasionally I'll use Gillette fusion) but I'd like to try the de

Offline Grizzly92

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2014, 12:21:01 PM »
But about the edwin jagger, beware the handle is very slicky compare to the Merkur 34C (also named HD) and his extra grip handle. It could be dangerous in wet hands. It's just my opinion and what i read on other forums.