Author Topic: How often should I shave my head?  (Read 10739 times)

Offline Shady_725

• Sly Jr.
  • Bald rookie, Appreciating any support and tips :)
How often should I shave my head?
« on: October 22, 2014, 02:00:00 PM »
Hi guys, i noticed that when i try to shave my head after 7 days it is quite difficult. This is due to my hairs possibly being too long.

How often do you guys shave? How long does it take you? If i shave every 3 - 4 days would it take a quick shave?

Offline Classfood

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: How often should I shave my head?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 02:21:06 PM »
I use shave cream with a straight razor.  Then I wash my head with cold water and put a lot of aftershave  to avoid irritation.  If I try to shave my head after 7 days it is more difficult and it takes longer than 3 or 4 days.  However, I can wait for 7 days and get a good job.  I enjoy shaving my head everyday.  It feels good and looks good.  Young and bald.  Did you get my PM?

Offline gwsmallwood

• Sly
  • AZ Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 02:23:00 PM »
I shave daily with a double-edge safety razor.  It takes me about 20-30 minutes, but it's enjoyable since I've made the switch to traditional shaving.  Before that, I shaved every 2 - 3 days in the shower with a cartridge.  Probably took me about 10 minutes.

Offline Shady_725

• Sly Jr.
  • Bald rookie, Appreciating any support and tips :)
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 05:57:30 PM »
Hey classfood i got your private message, i sent you one back bro. Sorry for the late reply.

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 07:05:16 PM »
I shave my head two to three times a week.  I shave with a safety razor and it takes me about twenty minutes.  It would be much quicker if I used a cartridge, but I enjoy the routine of wet shaving and the low cost!
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline shotwell

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 07:54:59 AM »

I shave daily with a double-edge safety razor.  It takes me about 20-30 minutes, but it's enjoyable since I've made the switch to traditional shaving.  Before that, I shaved every 2 - 3 days in the shower with a cartridge.  Probably took me about 10 minutes.

Same here, almost exactly.

Offline Cy

• Super Sly
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 08:09:48 AM »
My magic number seems to be every 3 days. If I shave more frequently then that, my scalp becomes irritated because it's being exfoliated too much and breaks out. If I let it go longer than 4 days, I tend to get lax about it and may go weeks.

Offline AJ Q-Ball

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald Head and Full Beard: Awesome combination
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2014, 04:43:49 PM »
I shave every day in the shower with a Mach 3.  It takes about 10 minutes. I couldn't imagine going days without shaving. Laying off a day every once in a while is all I can take.

Offline tobler1

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2014, 05:14:07 PM »
I prefer to shave every day.  I know some have issues with that being too hard on their skin, but it's not an issue for me, thankfully.  With daily shaving, it takes me less than 10 minutes on average.

Offline agentfortyseven

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2014, 01:48:50 AM »
I like to shave every day occasionally i'llbe too busy and let it slide for an extra day, but man that damn sandpaper feeling drives me crazy! :o

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2014, 06:03:46 AM »
Daily in the shower; haven't missed a day in more than two years. That would cause insanity.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2014, 11:50:13 AM »
I find that i do break out sometimes on my head. This can be if i shave every day or leave it a couple of days! Can be annoying! I use bump patrol but thinking of trying Witch Hazel. Would that be a similar product to Bump Patrol guys?

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2014, 12:00:52 PM »
Like Frontier Guy, I cannot stand going a day without shaving. I have missed maybe four days in the last eighteen months.

Each morning in the shower with the Fusion Proglide takes about five minutes; but I really hate the stubble feeling, so it is not uncommon for me to shave in the evening when I get home from work as well.

I don't think it took my scalp more than about a week to get used to the blade every day.

"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2014, 12:49:06 PM »
I usually shave everyday unless I am in a hurry and don't have the time to do so. I hate the feeling of stubble. I like a nice smooth slick dome with a little shine on it.

Offline notquitethere

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2014, 09:12:40 AM »
I shave every 2 to 3 days. Head takes about 7-8 minutes with headblade.  If I wait any more the shave takes twice as long because it takes multiple passes to get it to my liking.

Experimented a bit with the DE on some of my head today. Really like how much closer it seems, but I don't know how to find the time to do it the way I know I should. 

Enter your email address: