Author Topic: what do you think?  (Read 18590 times)

Offline jplinks

• Sly Guy in Training
what do you think?
« on: October 11, 2014, 10:11:23 AM »
hi all…28 yrs old…hair thin and bothering me…but can't tell how id look and don't want to make mistake. i have so so many amazing things going for me, and am mostly confident but not sure how/if to pull the trigger…i am very fair skinned also…i think i will like the feel of shaving because i am an athlete and it just would seem to be easier..but i don't know. i have an amazing gf…baby on the way…a million weddings next year (including my own)..and just want to enjoy it all and not be on the fence about it..any opinions? also not sure what style facial hair would look good…this pic is me not shaving for a day and a half..comes in fast

Offline tobler1

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: what do you think?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 05:38:17 PM »
I think your hair looks pretty good as it it right now.  However, given your facial structure, I think you would probably look very good smooth if that's something you'd like to explore (which it seems like you do).  So I would encourage you to try out the sly side of life.   Of course, if you do, you may well like it and never end up growing hair again.  But there are certainly worse things!

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2014, 08:11:08 PM »
I agree with tobler. You look good now. Your hair is pretty short so it is easy to picture you with a buzz cut or shaved bald and I think that would look good too. I think you should try it and see what you think.
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2014, 08:25:03 PM »
Give it a try.  I think it would look good on you.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2014, 05:42:10 AM »
At 28 I was sporting a full beard and a full head of hair, not overly long, but probably 2-3 inches long.  Buzzed or shaved heads was not in style. Neither were beards.

But as I have gotten older, beards have come into full style and so has the very sort buzz or shaved bald.  You have enough time between now and the wedding to explore bald or very short buzz and a beard, and still grow it back out if you don't like it.

Your beard looks like it grows in fast and full. It will look good. You'd probably do well with head shaving as well. 

For me, once I grew the beard, I kept it.  Once I shaved my head I kept it.  I like both and am sticking with them.  You could do it.

Offline bbc2012

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2014, 06:15:57 AM »
Give it a try. You look good with hair but if you really want a bald head, try it now. If you do not like it, your hair will be back within a few weeks.

Offline SlyMike

• Ad Free VIP
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Big Beard and Bald Head - I love it!
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2014, 08:05:20 AM »
I would agree with the other posts on here, give it a try, if you don't like it just stop shaving your head.
First started shaving my head on the 9th October 2014

Offline jplinks

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2014, 02:20:59 PM »
I think I may give it a try when I go to Arizona for a long weekend at the end of the month. This way I can get a little color. Wouldn't this be a good idea?

I will obviously buzz first, but does a buzz look as good with generally thinner hair or will that not look as good?

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2014, 03:37:24 PM »
The best way to look at a buzzcut is just another haircut....If you feel better waiting until your trip to Arizona, that wouldn't be a bad thing. Gives you and the scalp time to adjust. I think you have the headshape for sly, myself.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2014, 04:19:34 PM »
I think I may give it a try when I go to Arizona for a long weekend at the end of the month. This way I can get a little color. Wouldn't this be a good idea?

I will obviously buzz first, but does a buzz look as good with generally thinner hair or will that not look as good?

It's always easier to try going sly for the first time when you're out of town and among strangers who have no idea how you looked before.

As for the buzz cut, whether it looks better than a clean shaven head is purely a matter of personal preference.  Buzz it down as short as you think you can tolerate and then decide if you want to go for the full shave or not.

Offline AJ Q-Ball

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald Head and Full Beard: Awesome combination
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2014, 08:27:20 PM »
I personally think you'd look good sly but I think the buzzcut will also look good.

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2014, 11:04:25 AM »
I would try buzz cut first, let the full beard grow out some before you try a "style", will get an idea of what your facial hair potential and coverage is.

Offline jplinks

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2014, 02:27:15 PM »
ok so i am going out to Arizona this Thursday night.  Thinking of doing this Friday morning.  taking it down in stages, but my top is very thin and i think a buzz won't really be an improvement..sorta expecting to have the guy buzz it down to a zero and go from there.

i have very blonde fine hair which is why i don't think a #1 or #2 will be the best option, but who knows?

i am out in Scottsdale for 4 days, it will be beautiful and sunny every day..i know ill have to be careful in the sun..but is it a bad idea to expose it?

oh..and i'm proposing to my girlfriend this weekend also :)

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2014, 02:54:39 PM »
Good luck with the haircut and congratulations on the (potential) engagement!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline bud

• Sly
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2014, 12:03:47 AM »
Your haircut looks good on you. but I think
short hair is good but a bald head is better!
Give it a try...
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 01:17:53 AM by bud »