Author Topic: I got lot of dandruff. Will it look bad when I shave my head?  (Read 53891 times)

Offline nitinoct

• Learning the way of Sly
I got lot of dandruff. Will it look bad when I shave my head?
« on: August 12, 2007, 10:31:10 AM »
Hi,

I recently joined this group. I am planing to shave my head as I dont like myself with hair on half the head.

One problem is there. I have lot of dandruff. My skin on head has white patches because of it. When I shave my head off, will my skin be normal or wil it look odd? I dont want to go to office with dandruff all over my shaved head and people wont even come near me then. My job involves lot of interaction. If i wont look clean I may even lose my job.

So I am in a dillema whther to go sly or wait till my skin gets better. I know it will never because I hav had dandruff since I can remember.

Please advise...

Thanks

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: I got lot of dandruff. Will it look bad when I shave my head?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 10:50:01 AM »
no it will probably heal your scalp and get rid of the dandruff.....once you shave you can use a product called headshed that is an exfoliator that will get rid of that dry skin and help to heal it.as always though.. shave on a long weekend or take alil vacation to get used to it and allow healing time.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 12:24:28 AM by Tyler »
VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 11:25:40 AM »
no it will probably heal your scalp and get rid of the dandruff

YUP!!!

ugabulldog

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2007, 11:35:08 AM »
I am no expert but I think some dandruff shampoos work better than others, ones w/ coal tar in them are good, also something else I can't remember. maybe another member can chime in on this.

Offline Cy

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 03:11:56 PM »
When I was in high school, I always got teased for having dandruff, and some guys on the baseball team told me that it'd go away if I shaved my head.

Well, I tried it out and it worked. No hair, no dandruff.

Offline skinhead002

• Super Sly
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 03:53:44 PM »
it will disappear with your hair

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2007, 05:44:48 PM »
i had big ole cornflake dandruff. now i have oily scalp. but no dandruff. oh yeah welcome to the family

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2007, 01:10:16 AM »
Welcome to Sly Bald Guys!  Like the other guys said, I'm pretty sure it will go away when you shave your head.  Plus, it's easier to get moisturizer to those spots of the head when you don't have hair.  Also, I think Schro has a vinegar remedy that could help you.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

X The Hierophant

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2007, 07:09:44 AM »
As others here have said, it will vanish with your hair.  Also, shaving itself is a natural exfoliant and will remove dead skin cells along with your stubble.  Also, as another poster mentioned HeadShed is a great product as well if you feel that is needed.  As Tyler mentioned it's also very easy to get lotion up there after a shave (I recommend HeadLube).  I honestly don't think you'll have a problem.  Shave away  O0

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2007, 07:19:34 AM »
Dandruff will most definetley go the way of the Dusky seaside sparrow when you get rid of the burden that is hair.

Offline shyslyguy

• Super Sly
  • remember! you gotta be bald to be sly!
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2007, 07:32:24 AM »
Dandruff will most definetley go the way of the Dusky seaside sparrow when you get rid of the burden that is hair.

:*))  Wow!  O0  O0  Pure poetry JDog!

Welcome to SBG's nitinoct !
His heed was ballid, and schon as eny glas 

http://www.myspace.com/thetrombonists

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2007, 09:29:42 AM »
Welcome to Sly Bald Guys!  Like the other guys said, I'm pretty sure it will go away when you shave your head.  Plus, it's easier to get moisturizer to those spots of the head when you don't have hair.  Also, I think Schro has a vinegar remedy that could help you.

The dandruff (in my case sebhorric dermititis, which is worse) completely goes away with shaving the head. However, since my wife hated the sly look, I grew it back to a #1 setting as a compromise. If you use a spray bottle with diluted vinegar (half with water, half vinegar), and spray it on your head and leave it for a while, it'll kill the crap that develops on your scalp (since it's essentially a yeast). Just remember to wash your scalp before you leave the house. You don't want to smell like salad.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Jay

• Sly
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2007, 11:17:51 AM »
i had big ole cornflake dandruff. now i have oily scalp. but no dandruff. oh yeah welcome to the family

add another to the list.

Dandruff disappears. You have a chance to look after your scalp. Washing. Moisturizing. Exfoliating. Having hair prevents that TLC.

Dadillac

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2007, 04:11:26 PM »
Before shaving my head, I suffered from mild dandruff, and severe itchy scalp. The only thing that helped was Denorex shampoo. But halfway through the day, the itchy scalp would start bothering me. Since shaving my head, I just wash my head with moisturizing soap, like Dove brand, and I have had no reoccurance. So I am another guy saying that shaving your head will help your situation.

Don

Offline YOSP

• Super Sly
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2007, 04:15:24 PM »
stops the dandruff and the itching...