Author Topic: Beard oil suggestion  (Read 4477 times)

Offline jwalker23

• Sly Guy in Training
Beard oil suggestion
« on: September 29, 2014, 09:25:32 PM »
Question:

Do you all think I can use the product below as a leave-in conditioner or even use a beard oil? I see that it has two oils that are mainly used in most beard oil now.

http://www.amazon.com/Jack-Black-Beard-Conditioning-Shave/dp/B000HP9M34

Suggestions...

Offline SlyMike

• Ad Free VIP
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Big Beard and Bald Head - I love it!
Re: Beard oil suggestion
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 05:37:35 PM »
I'm not sure, it implies that it is for a pre-shave, but I guess that is what you would be using it for (as I guess you don't shave).

Have you tried an actual beard oil though?
First started shaving my head on the 9th October 2014

Offline jwalker23

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 01:39:49 AM »
I'm not sure, it implies that it is for a pre-shave, but I guess that is what you would be using it for (as I guess you don't shave).

Have you tried an actual beard oil though?
I shave my head not with this cream tho. I just recently started growing a beard like on week 6 now and I have never used beard oil. I've been looking up maintenance tips on growing a beard. This shave cream being that this is 3 in 1 shave cream. I'm looking for suggestions/tips on here

Offline Baldtxn

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 07:09:39 AM »
I would suggest a real beard oil. I bought mine from Texas Beard Co. Beard oils consist of Carrier Oils and Essential Oils. the carrier oils are the healthy part. Avocado, Jojoba, Argan, etc. these usually are high in vitamin E. usually a mix of 2 oils. the "essential" oils are what gives it the scent. there are WAY to many to list! just search beard oils and you will get a LOT of hits for places.
a little bit goes a long way. 4-6 drops for shorter beards and work it through and you are good. I use a beard Balm in the morning and oil at night after shower. balm is same concept but more...waxy? it conditions and works for styling and keeping stray hairs a bit under control.
hope this helps. once you try a few oils you can order online or pick up around town the ingredients yourself and make your own!

Offline SlyMike

• Ad Free VIP
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Big Beard and Bald Head - I love it!
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2014, 12:45:12 PM »
There are some great beard oil companies out there, Brighton Beard Company and the Dapper Duke are my favourites at the moment.  I have a few to try as well.
First started shaving my head on the 9th October 2014

Offline jwalker23

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2014, 08:08:41 AM »
I would suggest a real beard oil. I bought mine from Texas Beard Co. Beard oils consist of Carrier Oils and Essential Oils. the carrier oils are the healthy part. Avocado, Jojoba, Argan, etc. these usually are high in vitamin E. usually a mix of 2 oils. the "essential" oils are what gives it the scent. there are WAY to many to list! just search beard oils and you will get a LOT of hits for places.
a little bit goes a long way. 4-6 drops for shorter beards and work it through and you are good. I use a beard Balm in the morning and oil at night after shower. balm is same concept but more...waxy? it conditions and works for styling and keeping stray hairs a bit under control.
hope this helps. once you try a few oils you can order online or pick up around town the ingredients yourself and make your own!
Thanks for the advice! I will check it out

Offline jwalker23

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2014, 08:09:15 AM »
There are some great beard oil companies out there, Brighton Beard Company and the Dapper Duke are my favourites at the moment.  I have a few to try as well.
Thanks...I will check it out

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2014, 09:57:33 AM »
Make your own, and save a fortune!!!!!

Why pay $20 + per ounce, when you can make your own, including the bottle... for $2!

Here is a link to the recipe.

http://www.growabeardnow.com/beard-oil-recipe/

Offline jwalker23

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2014, 06:29:22 PM »
Make your own, and save a fortune!!!!!

Why pay $20 + per ounce, when you can make your own, including the bottle... for $2!

Here is a link to the recipe.

http://www.growabeardnow.com/beard-oil-recipe/

Thanks for the info! I will check this out soon

Enter your email address: