Author Topic: J_B's goal  (Read 2821 times)

Offline Bolohead

• Bolohead
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • At 56 and still feeling GREAT!
    • Jon Erdmann - Photographer
J_B's goal
« on: August 11, 2007, 09:13:05 AM »
Well I wish I could have posted this back in March, when I weighed in at 240 whopping pounds for my 5"11" body, and at age 51 you feel it when you are just to FAT to care.  Well after I started dropping the weight from a more active work life... I had a mild stroke on May 6th of this year.

I was told by my doctor I had to shed more pounds off and change my diet period.  So I changed the diet, got off of any beef products and started eating leaner and more measured dishes.

Well my goal is to get down to 190, and this morning when I weighed on the digital scale I was a nice 197 pounds.  I had found a link at www.menshealth.com that even said for my height and age that I should be between 135 and 179 for my ideal weight.  I think that would be too light for me, but am sure feeling so much better at present.

No Beer period, I don't care if it is light beer or not... it causes weight to your body.

Eat fish, chicken and pork for meats
Salad with low cal dressing
Ice Tea or water to drink - no sugar period.
No table salt
No added spice enhancers that contain MSG's
Fruit for snacks no candy period
No ice cream period

Excercise which I get plenty of walking with my job, I do about 5 miles a day

Abb Lounge Ultra for working the abbs since I lost my gut to a nice straight line down look... I can see my toes  ::)
Bowflex for my other work out program to build my pecks and lats.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: J_B's goal
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 10:57:26 AM »
Sounds like it is working fairly well for you. I am 5'11 and I weight 195 right now but i really want toget rid of the buddah belly.  I dont do any kind of diet...just eat what i please...no exercise really...i sit here at work most of the day in an office chair..and my fingers get a good work out on the keyboard..thats about it.  I seen where you mentioned that between 135 and 179 was ideal weight for a person of our height?  135 wow..i would be skin and bones...taht is wayyyyyy to light for me.  I dont want to look like a toothpick....