Author Topic: Any suggestions for Good Menthol Shave Creams/Gels or Aftershaves?  (Read 3073 times)

Offline BaldSoxFan

• Sly Guy in Training
Any suggestions for Good Menthol Shave Creams/Gels or Aftershaves?
« on: September 02, 2014, 04:00:11 PM »
In the nearly one year since I went sly, I have become a menthol junkie. I just love the refreshing feeling of a menthol blast on my head and face. Currently, I use Osage Rub as aftershave for my head/face and I also like Aqua Velva Ice Blue and Barbasol's Pacific Rush Aftershave.  Does anybody have any suggestions for menthol shaving products that may be more "icy" than Osage Rub?

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Any suggestions for Good Menthol Shave Creams/Gels or Aftershaves?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 09:04:14 PM »
In the nearly one year since I went sly, I have become a menthol junkie. I just love the refreshing feeling of a menthol blast on my head and face. Currently, I use Osage Rub as aftershave for my head/face and I also like Aqua Velva Ice Blue and Barbasol's Pacific Rush Aftershave.  Does anybody have any suggestions for menthol shaving products that may be more "icy" than Osage Rub?
I have yet to find a better menthol after shave then Osage Rub.  I always place mine in the refrigerator for that added boost.  As far as menthol shave cream,  I would go with C.O. Bigelow Shave Cream that you can purchase at your local Bath & Body Works. 

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Fondlheine

• Sly Jr.
  • Lost in the wreckage...
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 10:11:03 PM »
C.O. Is nice and easy to get, you might also want to take a look at Vostok or RR Brain Freeze.
If you want to try a soap type, then I would recommend HTGAM Frost Bite.

As to an a/s, Fine Platinum has a nice kick to it.  But nothing beats Osage for a deep freeze.

Offline BaldSoxFan

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 10:15:54 AM »
I do like the C.O. Bigelow stuff. I've been wanting to try Godrej Menthol Mist but it's not cost effective to order online and none of the Indian grocers here carry it. I may have to give the Vostok a try. Living in Florida, I appreciate the cold feeling on my scalp when I leave for work even in the Winter.

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2014, 01:03:51 PM »
I will have to try some of those.  Right now, the only thing I use (occasionally) is something my wife bought me at Bath and Body Works called Stress Relief (a lotion with eucalyptus and spearmint)  I love the smell and the cool "burn" on my freshly shaved head. 
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 01:05:26 PM by slymyke »

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2014, 02:28:56 PM »
I thought that Warhawk would say something about Osage rub.  I put some on this morning, thanks, Mel.  ( he gave me a bottle while visiting his town in Florida)

Offline BaldSoxFan

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 01:43:41 PM »
The osage rub is pretty awesome. I picked up a bottle of Barbasol Pacific Rush aftershave at Dollar General for $1.75 and it's also pretty good. Not as much menthol as Osage Rub but I think it has a better scent. It's odd how their menthol aftershave is called Pacific Rush when the Pacific Rush shave cream is not menthol.