Author Topic: It's not a phase  (Read 5190 times)

Offline itsmyhead

• Learning the way of Sly
It's not a phase
« on: August 09, 2007, 11:19:42 PM »
I had been thinking about shaving my hair off for about six months now.  I talked to several people about it and gave everyone a heads up about my plans.  I finally got the guts to go through with it and told my wife I was heading to the bathroom to shave it off.

She hates it.  Tells everyone that I'm going through a phase and asks me when I'll be through it.  I got grief from my relatives and some jokes from my friends.  No one can understand why someone with a full head of hair would shave it off.

I have to say that It has taken some used to seeing myself in the mirror but I have really grown to like my new look.  It has given me a little more confidence and I think I enjoy the little more intimidating look.

How long does it take for other people to get used to the new look and stop feeling that they have to provide their opinion of your choice to be sly? 

What do you guys think?  Should I have kept the hair?

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: It's not a phase
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 11:41:37 PM »
itsmyhead..... 1st of all welcome 2 the sly fraternity.  hope ya stick around.  i am glad that u r liking your new look.    i've been keeping my dome slick since april 24,2007.  and i'm luving my new look.  it only gets better by the day.

2 answer your question.... it usually takes about 30 days 2 get used 2 your new look.  it will also take that long 4 your family, friends, co-workers 2 get accustomed 2 your new look.  during that 30 day period, u will know whether 2 keep it sly or 2 grow your hair back.  it sounds like u luv your new look & i bet u will not go back.  unless... of course.... the wifey continues 2 show displeasure of your new look. 

IMO.... your dome is rocking.  u look better without the hair.  u look like a natural.  i say keep it.  u got that cool, edgy, hip, confidence look.  anyways... keep us posted of all your reactions 2 your new look.  again.... looking 4ward 2 your posts.  and c ya around the forum.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 12:06:06 AM »
Wow dude! You're rockin' the Sly look!  I agree with Warhawk, it will probably take about 30 days or so for you and others to get used to it. 
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
  • thanks guys!! I love ya's to bits <3
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 02:00:21 AM »
Hi Itsmyhead, firstly welcome to the forum  :)

secondly, OMG, what is your wife thinking?!! You look a lot younger and
a hell of a lot hotter with no hair!! It really suits you!!
I'm sure with a little time that your wife will get used to it, but in my opinion,
it's damn sexy!!  :@`
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

Offline shyslyguy

• Super Sly
  • remember! you gotta be bald to be sly!
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 02:12:57 AM »
Hey IMH

Yeh I totally agree with magma. The new look definitely has the edge. It does really suit you.

What is it about the look that your wife doesn't like exactly?

Oh yeh ... & (almost forgot to say) welcome to SBG's ...   O0

His heed was ballid, and schon as eny glas 

http://www.myspace.com/thetrombonists

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2007, 02:47:04 AM »
Yeah.Welcome to SBG"s IMH.

I think the sly look is a much better look for you,plus does make you a bit intimidating.

I am BaldByChoice too with a full head of hair and going sly changed my life for the better.Give your wife some time and she'll come to love you bald,mine has.Has taken her almost 1 year but finally won her over.

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2007, 04:56:49 AM »
Itsmyhead, It think it looks great.  At, BTW, I got the same reaction from my wife when I first shaved, and I didn't have a full head of hair, and that was 4 months ago.  She's finally decided that it isn't just a phase.   Give it a week or so for others to get used to seeing you.  And a good rule of thumb is to give it 30 days for you to get used to seeing the new you. O0
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 06:16:19 AM by SLYinKC »
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2007, 05:10:24 AM »
Welcome to the forum Itsmy...can only echo what the other brothers have already said, going sly has made you look both younger and given you a certain edgyness.  I have a full head of hair as well and it took about 2 months for the questions and looks to stop.  After that, people realize that is who you are and accept it.  In the meantime, enjoy O0
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2007, 08:22:17 AM »
WELCOME Itsmy....I will have to say the same as Paul and the rest of the cool sly guys in here. I am a BBC myself since June 24th and I am really diggin the smooth head.  Just most important thing to remember is it is your head...and if you like it..go for it.  The 30 day rule is about the norm around here and you will get te same response from about any other sly guy in here.  I am just still tryin to figure out why you posted a pic of your dad in your post?  LOL...you look good bro....much younger...and hey ....admit it...it fits you man...keep it up...
Timmmmmmayyyyyyyyyyy!

BALDANDRE

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2007, 08:26:13 AM »
Dude, you REALLY look a lot better and younger and definately have more of and edge now...

You looks great bald, i hope you keep it and I love how you have NO SHADOW, very cool, I'm kinda jealous!

And if all us lunkheads can't convince you it was a great move...just ignore all of us and listen to Magma! O0

Keep it smooth my bald brutha!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2007, 08:49:59 AM »
Show your wife MagmaBabe's post and tell her that if she doesn't like your look, there are plenty of other hot babes out there who will.  >:D

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2007, 09:10:55 AM »
Show your wife MagmaBabe's post and tell her that if she doesn't like your look, there are plenty of other hot babes out there who will.  >:D

Magmababe. God Bless you.

X The Hierophant

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2007, 09:49:10 AM »
Oh yeah man ... much better with the shaved head.  I am also BBC, and got the "it's a phase" comment  :D.  You just have to go for what you like.  You definitely rock the sly look.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2007, 11:26:00 AM »

^-^ ^-^ p#@t

Offline NAVRN2

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2007, 11:37:04 AM »
Itsmyhead,

NO.........

Well you got it--it is your head.  I agree with EVERYBODY, you look way better and younger with the sly look.  A lot tougher.  She is just shocked and probably needs to get used to it.  Keep it dude, she will come around.