Author Topic: Kinda New and i need some advice  (Read 2127 times)

Offline YoungBalder49

• Learning the way of Sly
Kinda New and i need some advice
« on: August 21, 2014, 10:05:09 PM »
I started balding at 17 and now im 20 and my hair in the front is all gone. I Started shaving my head with the Wahl balding clippers and it was doing me justice until i started getting alot of razor bumps. i want to start cutting my head with a razor and shaving cream so i can get a cleaner look and probably get rid of these razor bumps but i have no idea where to even start. Can someone please help me choose a good shaving cream and razor and stuff like that. also any creams to prevent razor bumps. im also african american so im not sure if that makes a difference on my options and decisions. thanks

Offline Matt

Re: Kinda New and i need some advice
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 06:25:09 AM »
I have been shaving my head with clippers for years and now I have a headblade ATX. I have been using headslick and that seems to work really well. But I am in the UK again now and I think it's more expensive to use Headblade products.

My issue is I still keep getting bumps/zits at the back of my head. I have been using HB clear head as well as head shed and head lube. Maybe I am shaving too much or too close? Starting to think that maybe my head isn't suited to this look, even though I absolutely love it (and love doing it). Hopefully beginner issues.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 06:28:07 AM by Matt »

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 05:04:52 PM »
Don't know if this will help, but Mr Jules posted this a while back regarding HeadBlade products:

I recommend the HeadBlade razor. http://www.headblade.com/ Been using this everyday for the last 6 weeks. It's a razor with wheels, and you drive it over your head. If you're in the UK, you can order online via Amazon or elsewhere. For best result, use it with the HeadBlade slick.

If you live in London, like me, you can pick all this stuff at Carter & Bond. http://www.carterandbond.com/. Their shop is near Paddington. And on my way home. You give 'em a call, say what you want, then go over and collect. They'll appreciate new bald custom.  :)
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline Matt

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 11:05:36 AM »
That's great! Thanks mate, much obliged.