Author Topic: Two reactions from shaving  (Read 5515 times)

Offline enrious

• Learning the way of Sly
Two reactions from shaving
« on: August 08, 2007, 08:31:04 PM »
Hi guys, I recently shaved after thinking about it for a while and recently had two positive reactions I thought I'd share with you.

1)  I work for a company that deals with law enforcement and tends to be conservative.  That said, we are never discouraged from being individuals as everyone, including the boss, are very laid back.

About a week after I first shaved, we had a company-wide monthly birthday celebration (for everyone having a birthday that month) and I was one of the late arrivals.  The boss was in the midst of greeting everyone when he noticed me and said (without missing a beat), "...And here's <enrious> with newly shaved head.  <pause>  And I really like it, it really looks good!" 

If I was worried about anything, it was that he'd say something quietly to my supervisor because we deal with cops and have a conservative reputation and cops could possibly have issues with it.  (of course, I must point out that *every* cop I've dealt with in the last 2 years has been cool and friendly, so any fears would have been false)

Kudos to everyone at my job for being them.  I may have shaved the way for the next guy...

2) Visit to my mom.  Mom and I have a great relationship, but I suppose as is common there was some trepidation.  She said it'd take some getting used to, but she really liked it.

I have the personality type where I really don't care what anyone thinks, as long as I like it, but to have two such people remark favorably only reinforces my initial impression:

I should have done this years ago!

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
Re: Two reactions from shaving
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 08:35:10 PM »
Enrious,  Congrats on taking the plunge and getting the positive reactions.  Post up a pic so we can get to know you better.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 08:36:29 PM »
That is really great that going sly was such a positive experience enrious.  Welcome to the forum.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 08:37:04 PM »
Amen to that enrious, I am saying the same thing myself.

It's like "What took me so long!"
Welcome to sbg's, this is a great bunch.

Post introduction when you can.

Joe

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 10:37:22 PM »
hey Xnew....when you gonna post a pic.? hu hu??

Enrious, good post. I think everyone has that same sorta fear that someone who means alot to them will have a negative feed back to hand out. My boss was one of them but he is like..well it isnt for Him.  But he doesnt try to discourage us from doing something.  He is always open to new ideas adn all.  My mom....she really has never said one way or the other.  I see her about everyday adn the only reaction I can recall getting from her is Now Why did you do that.. my response to her was....cause i can.

Good luck bro adn welcome to the forum.. Great times adn great people in here.
Looking forward to gettin to know you

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 03:37:18 AM »
I should have done this years ago!

Yep, we all say that!

Welcome to Sly Bald Guys!!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

BALDANDRE

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2007, 09:10:41 AM »
Congrats on the enthusiasm you're getting from everyone on your new bald look!

Post a pic of your balded mug when you get a chance!

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2007, 11:24:47 AM »
Tim, what is the best way to post on here? I gotta get my noggin on with before and after to show all the dudes and get opinions.

Appreciate the help,

Joe

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2007, 12:21:39 PM »
Sweet! We have another believer. Welcome to the forum enrious
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline YOSP

• Super Sly
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2007, 12:32:32 PM »
Tim, what is the best way to post on here? I gotta get my noggin on with before and after to show all the dudes and get opinions.

Appreciate the help,

Joe

how about this Joe, TimmJ shows you how to post a pic, and you teach him how to use SPELL CHECK... :*))

X The Hierophant

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2007, 12:53:46 PM »
Congrats on the good comments man!  Personally I got a mixed bag in regard to reactions but I am used to ignoring other's opinions  ;)

BALDANDRE

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2007, 12:57:58 PM »
Congrats on the good comments man!  Personally I got a mixed bag in regard to reactions but I am used to ignoring other's opinions  ;)

Really!?...Seriously you look very cool with the bald head, you're our resident "rock dude"....I'm surprised you would get ANY negative comments...but then again you're not on the progressive west coast...

just kiddin' bro! ;)

X The Hierophant

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2007, 01:05:00 PM »
Thanks Andre!  No kidding needed man ... I live in the deep south (alabama).  It doesn't get any more anti-progressive than where I am.  I'm used to being an oddball here  ;)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 01:07:46 PM by X The Hierophant »

BALDANDRE

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2007, 01:24:40 PM »
I'm used to being an oddball here  ;)

Then shine on my bald brutha and keep that oddball status...

just make sure that bald dome of yours shines extra bright in their faces!!!! 8)

Offline Scott

• Sly Bureau
  • Celebrating 5+ Years of SLYNESS!
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2007, 10:45:13 PM »
Enrious, congrats and welcome!

Enter your email address: