Author Topic: Antiperspirant on the head?  (Read 1749 times)

Offline Rev. Cleanhead

• Sly Guy in Training
  • Rob
Antiperspirant on the head?
« on: July 27, 2014, 03:01:26 PM »
If this has been discussed previously, forgive me and direct me to the correct place.  (Admittedly, I don't check in often enough to keep up with everything being discussed here.)

One of the guys I work with suggested I try applying spray-on antiperspirant to my head.  Has anybody done this?  Does it make any difference with excessive head sweat? 

I've always been a pretty heavy sweater -- summer, winter... indoors, outside... I sweat.  Sometimes, especially in the warm months when it's really humid outside, it looks like I'm standing beneath an invisible faucet -- even if I'm inside an air-conditioned room.  I usually just repeatedly wipe the sweat with a hankie and try to sit/stand beneath a fan.  But this antiperspirant idea has me curious. 

You can't part the skin of a sausage,
Or a dad from his fond son and heir.
And you can't part the hair on a bald-headed man,
For there'll be no parting there.  ~Billy Bennett

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
Re: Antiperspirant on the head?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 04:35:27 PM »
I can see how that would be tempting... my head sweats a lot too.   I don't think it would be a good idea, though.   I'm thinking your head would still sweat enough to make it run down into your eyes.  Plus, the aluminum and other ingredients could be a concern too.

Enter your email address: