Author Topic: Not bald, buzzed with recession at the temples, many insults  (Read 2847 times)

Offline USA man

• Sly Jr.
I've had a buzzed head for quite a long time. I've been told I have an egg head, that I look like an alien, that my head is funny looking, that it's shaped like a penis(two different accounts surprisingly). Hmmm. So those are some reactions I get. I continue to keep it buzzed.  Then there's the occasional comments/questions from girls "why don't you grow out your hair?" "You should grow out your hair." Arghhh

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Not bald, buzzed with recession at the temples, many insults
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 03:48:36 AM »
What's holding you back from giving the 30 day rule a try?
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Blitzed

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 06:18:13 AM »
Apparently you know an amazing collection of rude, insensitive people. It's your duty to correct them, make them more habitable for the universe and there's an easy way that you've always got with you. IF they feel they can make sort of demeaning, personal criticism, then they've extended to you the invitation to make your own comment about them. And why not? They'll be offended when you match your head with their pot belly. Perhaps look made, annoyed but you need only say, if you feel you have the right and privilege to make that sort of personal comment then I must assume we are sufficiently close that I can make mine with no hard feelings on either side. They may not "get it", perhaps never but they do need to have illustrated for them the give and take of conversation. Equally if they've just commented on how fit you look or whatever, find something of theirs worthy of positive commentary. In the end, it's your head and what's on it is of concern only to you. Also, if you have people like that all about you, get new friends, the old ones aren't even worth a retread.
I was accosted by a student once who asked me if I found it hard to be as tall as I am and as old as I am......some things simply have no answer.

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 06:30:03 PM »
Well said Tyler and Blitzed. You hit it right on the mark.