Author Topic: advice on shaving head  (Read 4302 times)

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: advice on shaving head
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2014, 03:39:43 PM »
I'm guessing you mean the blades that came with your micro touch razor..  You can use those or you can use a pack of Wilkinson Swords..a pack of 10 is less than 2.00 at Walmart.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline jwalker23

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: Re: Re: advice on shaving head
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2014, 08:40:20 PM »
I'm guessing you mean the blades that came with your micro touch razor..  You can use those or you can use a pack of Wilkinson Swords..a pack of 10 is less than 2.00 at Walmart.
ok thanks

Offline jwalker23

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2014, 02:20:23 PM »
Well I tried out the safety razor yesterday just on the right side of my head, I ended up finish it up with wahl shaver...lets just say need more practice with it lol. Right now, Im trying to figure out what would be the best cartridge razor out there for a beginner like myself.

Offline TSE

• Sly Jr.
    • TheShavingEdge.com
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2014, 12:55:54 PM »
Thanks. Should I have bought a different type of razor like Fusion instead of the DE razor first time head shave. What is the best cream or soap to lather with the brush? Also, best blades for the Microtouch one? I will probably buy one from Walgreen or online somewhere

I was using the Mach 3 on my face at the time I started shaving my head, so I just went with that. Once I moved on to a DE I had to learn a new technique.  I would imagine that it'd probably best to start with a DE because you you don't have to break cartridge razor habits (like extra pressure on the razor) like I had to.

As far as soaps go, one of my go to's is the Proraso Shave soap in a tub for sensitive skin (white jar).  Personally, I like the scent and feel I get a decent lather.