Author Topic: advice on shaving head  (Read 4359 times)

Offline jwalker23

• Sly Guy in Training
advice on shaving head
« on: June 17, 2014, 12:19:19 PM »
new member looking for advice:

I have been cutting my hair bald for the past six months or so. I use Andis T-outliner II and walh electric shaver to smooth it out. I want to use a razor one day soon. I dont know if I should go to the barber or do it myself for my first time. After several posts about the safety razor I chose to buy a Microtouch one today.

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
Re: advice on shaving head
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 03:03:47 PM »
Welcome aboard! I would definitely recommend that you DIY it. I had a barber shave my head once and unless you have have a few days of growth, it won't be that close. There is also something enjoyable about doing the deed yourself. Enjoy the new level of smoothness.

Also, post often and become an active contributor to site.
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 04:28:04 PM »
Welcome!   Another vote for doing it yourself here.  I can't imagine paying for a haircut ever again   ;)

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 07:24:18 PM »
Welcome to the sly fraternity.  Glad that you joined us.  Nothing to it but to do it.  If you are a little "scared" to shave your dome there is nothing wrong with hiring a barber to "do the deed".  However, there is nothing more rewarding then shaving it your self.  Keep us posted to your road to slyness.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 07:28:02 PM »
BTW. . . when you "do the deed"; kindly post a pic so we can officially put a face to your name.  Remember the sooner the better;  the more you "wait" or postpone "the deed" the tougher it will get.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 07:39:52 PM »
Welcome! I suggest that you take it slowly at first when using a DE razor. Down the road,  you may want to invest in a shaving brush to apply a better lather and to get a closer  shave.  Good luck
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline jwalker23

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2014, 08:14:14 PM »
Welcome aboard! I would definitely recommend that you DIY it. I had a barber shave my head once and unless you have have a few days of growth, it won't be that close. There is also something enjoyable about doing the deed yourself. Enjoy the new level of smoothness.

Also, post often and become an active contributor to site.

Thanks for the advice. Im going do it myself

Offline jwalker23

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2014, 08:15:41 PM »
Welcome!   Another vote for doing it yourself here.  I can't imagine paying for a haircut ever again   ;)

I just told myself that I havent been to barber in over six months lol. Im going to do it myself

Offline jwalker23

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2014, 08:16:27 PM »
Welcome to the sly fraternity.  Glad that you joined us.  Nothing to it but to do it.  If you are a little "scared" to shave your dome there is nothing wrong with hiring a barber to "do the deed".  However, there is nothing more rewarding then shaving it your self.  Keep us posted to your road to slyness.

WARHAWK O0

Thanks for the advice. I will keep you posted

Offline jwalker23

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2014, 08:23:11 PM »
Thanks. Should I have bought a different type of razor like Fusion instead of the DE razor first time head shave. What is the best cream or soap to lather with the brush? Also, best blades for the Microtouch one? I will probably buy one from Walgreen or online somewhere

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2014, 08:58:41 PM »
You can get a starter shaving kit at Walmart for about 25 dollars. It comes with a brush, soap and a shaving mug. I forgot the name brand,  but you'll find it in the shaving aisle
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline jwalker23

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: Re: Re: advice on shaving head
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2014, 10:04:08 PM »
You can get a starter shaving kit at Walmart for about 25 dollars. It comes with a brush, soap and a shaving mug. I forgot the name brand,  but you'll find it in the shaving aisle
thanks for the info

Offline K5mow

• Super Sly
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2014, 04:38:08 AM »
Welcome to the forum.

Roger
Have a great Day.

Roger

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2014, 12:13:28 PM »
Welcome to the forum. You will get a closer shave if You do it yourself. You will like the smooth feeling of a super sly dome.

Offline jwalker23

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: Re: Re: advice on shaving head
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2014, 02:55:51 PM »
thanks for the information. I probably need to invest in shave secret I know you mentioned it in a few posts. also should use the blades that come with it?