Author Topic: 17 days in...  (Read 1823 times)

Offline GibbyTheGreat

• Learning the way of Sly
17 days in...
« on: June 11, 2014, 10:20:20 AM »
And I can't imagine having my dome any other way! I'm still having trouble gathering the courage to shave against the grain even with my 5-blade. I've done a good bit of research on all of this even before I put the first razor to my head, but I can always use more information so lay it on me!

Thanks in advance and you will be seeing me frequently!

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
Re: 17 days in...
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 11:38:03 AM »
Welcome to the crowd. When you have a moment, how about posting something in "Introductions". The usual (or unusual) such as what prompted you to shave at this point in your life. Reactions from others (good, bad or amusing).

Again, welcome.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 03:16:18 PM »
I think if you go slow and start with short strokes, you'll be able to go against the grain.
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 03:20:42 PM »
And I can't imagine having my dome any other way! I'm still having trouble gathering the courage to shave against the grain even with my 5-blade. I've done a good bit of research on all of this even before I put the first razor to my head, but I can always use more information so lay it on me!

Thanks in advance and you will be seeing me frequently!
Hi Gibby:  Welcome to B&B.  Post up in the introduction section of the forum so we can give you a proper welcome.  If you go ATG (against the grain) the main thing to do is to perform a good  prep on your head by washing it with warm facial soap and water and have a good shave soap or cream.  I go ATG all the time to get that super smooth look.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 04:58:23 PM »
If you have not done so already, shave for a week or so WTG to get your head used to shaving.  Take it easy on the ATG for the first few times. Don't insist on it being super smooth.  That will come in time.