Author Topic: got a new piercing today  (Read 11282 times)

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
got a new piercing today
« on: June 01, 2014, 08:35:05 PM »
I don't know what got into me?

Yesterday, I saw a video of a Bald Guy on the internet who works for Indian Motorcycles.  He was getting a new tattoo and showing off his new Indian.  He had one ear lobe pierced, (as do I since April) and in the other ear he had a "cuff" wrapped around the outer edge.   It looked  really cool.
And then I remembered our Sly brother "Crowbar's" new piercing.

I didn't even think about it again until right after leaving church this morning, and without so much as a second thought, I decided to talk it over with my piercer.  I drove straight from Church to the shop; still in a dress shirt and tie.  I explained that I wanted multiple cartilage piercings like Crowbars and that I wanted a cuff.  He said that he wanted to do one piercing first, press-lock in a semi-permanent rod, and then order a cuff custom made for the size of my ear to fit that piercing.  When placed, the cuff will wrap the edge of the ear tightly and won't have a "backer showing.   He said that he would also do the other two piercings so that I could wear multiple rings like Crowbar's if I decided to do that.

I told him that I wanted to do have this done/get the cuff by the 1st of August when I go on vacation.  He said that it would take 6 weeks to get the custom made cuff and would take that long for the piercing to heal anyway.  So, he said; "let's do it right now"!  So we did the first piercing today and the second will be in about 10 days.

Crowbar was right.  A cartilage piercing is a bit intense - quite a bit more painful than an ear lobe!  I was a bit light headed for a few minutes afterward from the endorphins.   That is why my piercer wants to space them about a week apart.  The small titanium rod he put in with a pliers so that it can't fall out.  After 6 weeks he will cut one of the ends off of the rod with a side-cutter and then he will put in the jewelry.

I don't know what got into me!

This turning 60 thing is really crazy!

I don't 

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
Re: got a new piercing today
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 08:44:12 PM »
Gotta post a photo!
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 08:45:38 PM »
Cool.. you will have to post pics to keep us up to date with each step.

O0

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 09:19:21 PM »
Well, right now there isn't much to see.  My piercer understands my ultra-conservative situation and place the titanium post where you can barely see it under the "curve" of the edge of my ear. 

I tried posting a pic once and I couldn't make it work.  I can't even post a new picture to my profile.  Don't know if it is this new Window 8, (which I do NOT like) that is causing the problem or what.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 05:55:16 AM »
Try Google Chrome or Firefox as your browser......Windows and Internet Explorer suck A-- IMO
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 03:17:14 PM »
Try Google Chrome or Firefox as your browser......Windows and Internet Explorer suck A-- IMO

I had problems posting photos using Safari on my iPad. The pictures came out sideways no matter how I turned them. Same photos posted fine when I used Chrome on my PC.
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline Steeltoe

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2014, 08:21:29 AM »
Good job, man. This sort of thing keeps life interesting.

02kpjw@gmail.com

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2014, 12:36:12 PM »
I am also bald and tattooed.  I have a new tribal tattoo on my back.  Nearly 75% of my back is tattooed black with lines of red, green and purple running vertical through out the black.  The coolest tat I have.  My chest is also covered with new tribal.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2014, 09:16:34 PM »
Well, I did it again!  I was pulling a t-shirt over my head and it caught the post in the new cartilage piercing - and it pulled it right out!  YEOOOOOOOWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went back to my piercer and he put in a new larger post.  He had also received the info on the ear cuff.  He said that a rose-gold cuff 5/16 of an inch wide would be $280.  I said "go for it", so it should arrive within about 4 weeks.  Do you think that 5/16 will be big enough?

Even though my good computer has crashed I will take a photo when I get the cuff and try to share it with you guys. ---- just don't berate me when you see that I have grown back a tiny little fringe of hair!

Offline Crowbar

• Sly
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2014, 06:06:51 PM »
Looking forward to seeing pics! Glad it's not just me that thought.... "Owwww!" :)
and the end of our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time

Offline Blitzed

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2014, 08:28:29 AM »
Why is sixty so unusual? I didn't start on my tats and holes until I was 65. Next up are the nipples-barbells, no hoops. If you like it then own it. Advice you've doubtless heard before. However this comes from a man ten years your senior who is pleased with what he did and laughs at people who say, "Aren't you a little old for that sort of thing?" What about all the guys forty, fifty years younger than we are? "Are they too old-or too young-for that sort of thing?". Here's another way to look at it. Literally. If I have and open casket, I want to be naked from the waist up. My ink will still look fresh, vital. The young, too young in many cases, will end up with globs of no particular colour most of which they'll regret. There comes a point where "touching up" can't touch it up. Also, the young have a tendency to go to piercers or inkslingers who are "in", "cool", at the moment. You and I took time, thought about it, have no regrets and, as the saying goes, can " easily own it" as we took time to understand what it was, why we wanted it, knew the procedure and didn't just appear in the family kitchen saying, "Look, Mom, I got pierced, tattooed etc". One imagines "Mom" isn't too happy with this turn of events and probably tells her child so. After she finishes crying. (Oh, her one liner is, "what wiil the neighbors think" to which the answer is...."less than she does.)

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2014, 08:36:50 AM »
I've always said, "If you wait until 72 to get your first tattoo, it should look good the rest of your life."

Offline Crowbar

• Sly
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2014, 07:39:35 PM »
Perhaps 60 is the new 40?, I don't know but I have decided now that I am older, that I feel free now to have fun getting tattooed and pierced, or what ever.
You only live once and perhaps that is something people really begin to understand once they get past 40, 50 or 60 :)
and the end of our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2014, 10:33:31 PM »
Yep.  We have a saying  in another group of friends to which I have belonged for many years now.  We tell newcomers; "This is your life - this is not a dress rehearsal!"

There came a point at which I had to make a decision; did I want to live or die?

If you decide to live; then LIVE; don't just mark time!

02kpjw@gmail.com

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2014, 04:43:33 PM »
Lets see the tribal tats