Author Topic: How Should We Promote Sly Bald Guys?  (Read 91963 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: How Should We Promote Sly Bald Guys?
« Reply #60 on: November 25, 2006, 06:23:47 PM »
Another way to promote SBG is to print up business cards... I thinking of doing that using the new logo in the center of the card, black background and slybaldguys.com underneath.  Then pass them out to every bald guy I meet...

Feel free to do so.  I already had 1000 cards made up before the new logo.  They just say SlyBaldGuys.com.  Then below it they say "If your bald, you're invited."  They have a black background also.
If you want, I can do up a quick graphic and post it here.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2006, 06:57:18 PM »
that works T.  we gotta get as many people as we can so the convention is more than just 10 of us. haha

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

BaldRob

« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2006, 07:22:47 PM »
that works T.  we gotta get as many people as we can so the convention is more than just 10 of us. haha

HA!!  Yeah, 10 bald guys in one place would just be weird!  250 bald guys in one place would be the Sly Bald Guys Army...

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2006, 01:06:33 PM »
I was really wishin I had some last night at the bar. I probably saw at least half a dozen guys. Maybe more...don't remember too many details...lol
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2006, 04:23:12 PM »
Here's a business card design that you guys can use.  The image has two different cards; one if you want your information on it, the other if you don't.  I'll also upload the .eps file so you can modify it if you have Photoshop or Illustrator.  If you want me to add your information for you and send you the image, just let me know and I can do that also.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2006, 04:37:53 PM »
Here's the eps file.

You'll have to download it from the link since it's too large to post.

http://www.slybaldguys.com/images/BizCard.eps

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2006, 07:13:24 PM »
back to the idea of some kind of convention or gathering or whatever. we really kinda need an idea of how many people we are looking at so we can start looking at options.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2006, 05:16:34 PM »
T-shirts should be done today or tomorrow!!  I'm pretty sure you guys will love the first round!

Paul - getting the number of people is always the trickiest part.  It's like the chicken and egg delima.  You can't get people to commit unless they know what they're committing to.  And you can't commit to a venue unless you know how many people are committed.  Let's create a goal of what we want to do, set a relative time range (ex: the month of June), and the place we would like to do it.  Then we'll get a consensus on how many people would be down to doing that "X" event and then solidify the details.  We can then expect 20% of the people to not make it.

I've found this type of plan works well when planning large events.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2006, 05:21:41 PM »
ok. i will do some checking on that. anyone have suggestions so i know which direction to go in. how about a poll with a couple choices?

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2006, 05:35:38 PM »
Sounds good!  Start a new topic.  I'm thinking Chicago, Austin (Texas), New Orleans, Santa Monica (Los Angeles).

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #70 on: December 11, 2006, 01:17:24 PM »
Austin, would be cool.  I have yet to go there, but heard great things about it.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #71 on: December 11, 2006, 01:21:03 PM »
Here's the eps file.

You'll have to download it from the link since it's too large to post.

http://www.slybaldguys.com/images/BizCard.eps
Are the only two programs to open this file CorelDRAW and Microsoft Visio?  Is there a free program to view it?
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #72 on: December 11, 2006, 02:39:29 PM »
Adobe Photoshop and Illustator can open it.  You can get a trial version here: http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?loc=en&product=illustrator

Offline Noner

• I don't go shopping for hats. Hats go shopping for me.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Not a real doctor but would like to play one on TV
    • Nonerville
« Reply #73 on: December 11, 2006, 02:49:35 PM »
Cool cards!

If we start doing this, we should really trademark the logo. We don't want anybody to jack our stuff!

Tyler, to apply go to www.uspto.gov and it will cost you a few hundred bucks. PM me if you need more help.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #74 on: December 11, 2006, 02:53:31 PM »
i still can't see them. can you just email to me as an attachment that is easily accessible. i really can't load new programs on the office computer.