Author Topic: How Should We Promote Sly Bald Guys?  (Read 87471 times)

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: How Should We Promote Sly Bald Guys?
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2006, 03:53:10 PM »
rob, that is why i suggested mardi gras. it is close to me. and usually warm. hahaha and hell it is new orleans.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

BaldRob

« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2006, 04:09:41 PM »
rob, that is why i suggested mardi gras. it is close to me. and usually warm. hahaha and hell it is new orleans.

Fun times at Mardi Gras!!!  Lots of flashing and looser moral standards...  ;)

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2006, 04:11:15 PM »
we need to find some place to gather. sounds like a good reason to save vac. days.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2006, 04:19:50 PM »
wonder if anyone is in the travel industry. you know to get some kinda deal on travel.......

Offline Professor Melon

• Professor Melon
  • Super Sly
  • Professor Melon
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2006, 04:53:42 PM »
 ;)Here's an idea: approach the razor  companies and offer to plug their ware in return for the endorsement of the SBG . We've got something that they want: a specific and garaunteed clientele. Moreover, the use of the SBG logo  could become a product endorsement, and you know what that could mean. Bald Guyz, Headblade, and other suppliers of baldmen's products could all be exploited for our benefit. The point is to seek commercal backing by using your legitimate constituency. There is a huge constituency of balding young men out there, whose buyng power could be tapped not only by clothiers and groomers, but also by websites that seek to inform those confronting baldness. Professoer Melon   
Embrace the bald truth

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2006, 07:18:56 PM »
i am trying to send an email to a radio dj in nawlins. that happens to be bald. new rock station. you never know?

Awesome pburke! 

Mardi gras, huh?  That would be insane.  We may have to work our way up that one.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2006, 07:35:43 PM »
;)Here's an idea: approach the razor  companies and offer to plug their ware in return for the endorsement of the SBG . We've got something that they want: a specific and garaunteed clientele. Moreover, the use of the SBG logo  could become a product endorsement, and you know what that could mean. Bald Guyz, Headblade, and other suppliers of baldmen's products could all be exploited for our benefit. The point is to seek commercal backing by using your legitimate constituency. There is a huge constituency of balding young men out there, whose buyng power could be tapped not only by clothiers and groomers, but also by websites that seek to inform those confronting baldness. Professoer Melon   

Melon, you are a wise dude!  I was thinking of eventually having a "convention" of bald guys.  Like Melon said, we could get some corporate sponsors to help cover the costs or keep the costs down.  I think we'll need to get a bit more members to convince them to do this, but I'm sure we'll get there.  Many of the large corporations won't talk to you until you're in the thousands of members, but we could probably get some smaller corporations to work with us before we get that big.

I've also thought about eventually partnering with companies like HeadBlade and others by co-branding products with the Sly Bald Guy's logo.  As our community grows this will be very valuable to them.  I plan on approaching some companies after the first of the year to discuss partnership opportunities.  I have to admit that I was not expecting the growth that we've had as fast as we've had it.

I have a feeling that 2007 is going to be an exciting time for all of us.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2006, 07:41:11 PM »
we need to find some place to gather. sounds like a good reason to save vac. days.

I think Chicago would be a great place since it is in the middle and easy to get to.  I've thought about Vegas, but I think that it's too hard to keep people together as a group there.  It could be a possibility if we have thousands of attendees.

I was also thinking Austin, Texas.  They have a really fun scene there and a lot of hot ladies for the single guys.

I could list places all night, but we'll just have to make an annual meeting so we can visit places all over the country!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2006, 07:43:10 PM »
If you want to promote the hell out of sly bald guys without spending a dime is on youtube.

If we could make a funny video about bald guys with the website in the bottom right, it would definately get some traffic to the site.

It wouldn't matter what it was about, as long as there was a bald guy as the main character and it was funny.

Noner

This would be awesome!  I have a friend that's in film school right now.  I may be able to get her to help me creat a video.  If anyone has any ideas on a good script or resources to do this, let me know!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2006, 07:45:04 PM »
Of course the best way to get people to go to the site is to get your hot female friends to hand out business cards to bald guys.

I was doing a show last night in NYC and this girl handed me a business card. It was for a nail salon, but I took it because she was hot!

Hot girls = easy sell to guys. (it's marketing 101)

and to believe I took all those years of college to tell me that.

Noner, your a marketing genius!  Beer companies already do it, so can we!

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2006, 07:49:57 PM »
i think i speak for most of us when isay "Let us know what we can do." i know i tell as many people as possible.............. an anual convention sounds cool. different city every year.......hell yeah!!!!!!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2006, 07:55:46 PM »
i think i speak for most of us when isay "Let us know what we can do." i know i tell as many people as possible.............. an anual convention sounds cool. different city every year.......hell yeah!!!!!!

Thanks!  I will do.  Maybe we can create a little task force to put an event together.  Let's get through the holidays and start working on something the first of the year.  We can shoot for an event in late summer early fall.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 08:03:03 PM by Tyler »

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2006, 08:02:15 PM »
that works! ;D

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2006, 11:15:45 PM »
Where do we sign up?
BTW nice new pic Burke.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2006, 11:59:00 PM »
Where do we sign up?
BTW nice new pic Burke.

Yes, nice pic!

I'll create a topic for it, or maybe a special board that is only visible to the "event team" so we can keep all of our thoughts in one place.

Enter your email address: