Author Topic: Can the beard cause of our face skin problems?  (Read 2509 times)

Offline Jack Brock

• Learning the way of Sly
Can the beard cause of our face skin problems?
« on: May 13, 2014, 07:30:15 AM »
I have a confusion so I need your answers. The confusion is that can our face beard can causes of our face skin problems. Although we use the various products which we can be get through the site like The Purazon Co LLC or other sites. But the question is that  the  can beard cause of our face skin problems?  
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 11:45:17 PM by Jack Brock »

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
Re: Can the beard cause of our face skin problems?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 08:00:15 AM »
Glad you joined us, Jack.

Sometimes beards can be responsible for skin issues like ingrown hairs, but what problems are you concerned about?
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 11:08:11 AM »
I have heard of a few guys with skin issues associated with facial hair.  I don't know if the facial hair caused the issue, but treatement was easier when shaved.

Just like some guys have scalp issue that go away with head shaving, the same can be true with beards.  I think the daily shaving is very good at exfoilating the skin, which is a treatment for some skin issues.
SlyBeard

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 11:34:21 AM »
I would think that if a person has skin problems like pimples within the confines of a beard that the indirect cause is facial hair. I say indirect because I have known guys over the years with beards some of whom have had acne like conditions in the beard but not the rest of the face, and it stands to reason that the unhairy areas get cleaner when scrubbing the face than areas that are covered by hair. And I don't know the answer except to keep it short or shave it off altogether so that washing the face also allows cleaning of the pores within the beard.
But that's just, like, my opinion, man.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline greatnessinc

• One part iron man one part superman
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Semper Sly!
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 03:48:03 PM »
If you're referring to the irritation that causes itching, that can be treated and controlled with various moisturizers and or exfoliaters.
"Ifyou're going through hell, just keep going"
-Winston Churchill

Offline Jack Brock

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2014, 11:31:15 PM »
Thank you all for your information and suggestions. Your information and suggestions are really working-able. Thanks again to all.