Author Topic: Oily Skin  (Read 3262 times)

Offline vsG734

• Sly Jr.
Oily Skin
« on: April 17, 2014, 04:26:26 PM »
I am finally on a good track. A better track anyway. I no longer wish to kill or hurt myself, just other people that humiliate and disrespect me. Anyhow, the point of my post: I have oily skin. I desperately want a matte finish every day. My oil is nothing to be taken lightly. It won't quit easily.

Can someone recommend a good product to both moisturize and cut the oil that is gentle? Do you have any links to it? Available in the US please lol.

By the way, don't hang your head. Fight back. It's just f***ing hair. Life is so much more. As Ice Cube says, do your thang man. Kill the hate. Especially towards yourself.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Oily Skin
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 06:37:02 PM »
I use a small amount of baby powder and let it sit for a few minutes when I don't want shine (usually if I'm at home for a long time).
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline geeman

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re:
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 02:37:25 PM »
I have oily skin on my head, I use an alum block, it keeps my head dry all day, I use it to help with irritation straight after, then after I've applied witch hazel/tea tree etc I use it again and I'm oil free

Offline vsG734

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 05:36:18 AM »
Guys thank you I will check into these

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2014, 10:08:24 AM »
Any links to a good alum block?

Offline geeman

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re:
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2014, 12:07:02 PM »
Just buy the cheapest you can find....alum is alum....I paid £6 for 2...delivered...they sell on eBay and Amazon

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2014, 04:35:08 AM »
Ok, thanks

Offline Bespoke

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2014, 07:42:27 AM »
Just wanted to add my $.02 as a guy with an oil slick on his head & face. I've learned not to use products that dry out my skin. I find that that just exacerbates the problem... My skin retaliates by producing more oil. Use a gentle cleanser (Cetaphil, even Noxzema-- which I sometimes use as a pre-shave as well) use a toner (witch hazel is great and not too harsh) and use an oil free moisturizer with a high SPF. Pretty basic, but effective over the long haul (which is to say that your skin will acclimate over time, not over night!) Good luck.

Offline vsG734

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2014, 03:38:54 PM »
I bought baby powder at the drug store. I can't tell if it is working or not because I'm not stressed and at work, but my head is dry as a bone right now and it only cost 2 bucks. I'm gonna put some on for a day at work- I'm so pale nobody will notice any doggone way and besides they're all freaking jerks to me anyhow why should I care if they say anything?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 07:14:56 AM by Sir Harry »

Offline vsG734

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2014, 03:41:19 PM »
Hey to the bespoke/moisturizer comment I will definitely weigh my options. I'm all about beating this oil problem. Does that mean you don't agree with the baby powder idea? One thing- it is gentle as doing nothing at all, but hopefully it doesn't dry me out because I'm dry and oily.

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2014, 03:28:17 AM »
[quote removed]

No need for the strong language is there?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 07:20:27 AM by Sir Harry »

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2014, 07:18:01 AM »
Dave, I understand your frustration....I really do....But would you please express yourself without the expletives. Thanks. The reason I modified your post is that we want to avoid being offensive when it is not needed.

Please resume normal discussion.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline vsG734

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2014, 06:24:30 PM »
I understand the need to stay positive, sorry