Author Topic: Bluntness at its finest. At the expense of NPR, awesome.  (Read 4680 times)

Offline Tom.Net

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: Bluntness at its finest. At the expense of NPR, awesome.
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2007, 04:18:58 PM »
Marine Corps General Reinwald was interviewed on the radio the other day...

The other day, Schro? Sounds familiar, like I've heard this before. But where?

Oh, yeah, http://www.snopes.com/military/reinwald.asp

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2007, 11:49:58 PM »

So what??  It's still funny.   :*))

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2007, 12:18:43 AM »

So what??  It's still funny.   :*))

Agreed... and the closer to (apparent) reality something is, the funnier it is.  And that sounds exactly like something you would hear on NPR -- and we tax payers foot the bill for such nonsense.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline Koaa2

• Super Sly
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2007, 10:02:44 PM »
I find this hard to believe.

Sounds like a right wing nut job effort to reinforce to all those insecure men out there, that they are ok and that is ok to infer that just because they disagree with someone it is ok to demean them.

If this guy was in my command he would have been reprimanded and demoted immediately, I hope this happened, again if it is a real situation.
"Wherever you go, there you are"

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2007, 10:12:45 PM »
I find this hard to believe.

Sounds like a right wing nut job effort to reinforce to all those insecure men out there, that they are ok and that is ok to infer that just because they disagree with someone it is ok to demean them.

If this guy was in my command he would have been reprimanded and demoted immediately, I hope this happened, again if it is a real situation.

One could just as easily argue that the interviewer was demeaning the military by her reference to "violent killers".   Interesting that you would demote him for this.  Even generals are entitled to freedom of speech. 

Offline Koaa2

• Super Sly
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2007, 10:36:18 PM »
Any Military officer is representing the US Govt.  I doubt if this is the type of speech that one would expect of a professional educated leader, again even if it gives the lower educated man a brief feeling of superiority in an ordinary life.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2007, 10:40:07 PM »
Any Military officer is representing the US Govt.  I doubt if this is the type of speech that one would expect of a professional educated leader, again even if it gives the lower educated man a brief feeling of superiority in an ordinary life.

The bottom line is you would demote a general and decorated war veteran because he may have offended a radio host. OK .... whatever.  I'm glad that you are not running things.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 10:43:12 PM by RazorX »

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2007, 12:03:36 PM »
Semper Fi General Reinwald!   ;D

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2007, 07:32:14 PM »
We need more General Reinwald's
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2007, 05:20:02 AM »

The more General Reinwalds, the less Al Frankens and Al Sharptons and Al Gores.

It is just a plain fact.
Semper Fi.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2007, 07:04:41 PM »

The more General Reinwalds, the less Al Frankens and Al Sharptons and Al Gores.

It is just a plain fact.
Semper Fi.

AMEN!!!   O0 O0 O0

Offline Koaa2

• Super Sly
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2007, 07:40:47 PM »
Not sure how calling a female reporter a prostitute will save people from Al Franken, Sharpton and Al Gore.

Interesting how fear is spread and felt by those who have no power, and feel insecure about themselves and their lives, seems like they always have to blame someone for it.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2007, 08:04:48 PM »

Interesting how fear is spread and felt by those who have no power, and feel insecure about themselves and their lives, seems like they always have to blame someone for it.

I couldn't agree more -- just like how it has become fashionable these days to assign blame for everything that goes wrong -- or is perceived to have gone wrong -- to a certain world leader that I won't mention by name, since I don't want to stray any further into the shark-infested political waters.   ;)

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2007, 08:14:47 PM »

I couldn't agree more -- just like how it has become fashionable these days to assign blame for everything that goes wrong -- or is perceived to have gone wrong -- to a certain world leader that I won't mention by name, since I don't want to stray any further into the shark-infested political waters.   ;)
That is true in ALL aspects of life.  Let something go wrong and the leader takes the blame.  Let something be positive and all the underlings jump forward to say it was their idea!!

I've seen it happen in politics, at church, singles groups, civic clubs, alumni associations, etc.  Everyone wants the credit, no one wants the blame. 

I, for one, want to take credit when I do something good.  I am also willing to take blame when one of my ideas winds up causing problems.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2007, 08:16:50 PM »
You got it.  A lot of the world's problems would be solved if people would take responsibility for their own actions and not always be the "Victim" of something or somebody.   We don't need a warning label on everything and we don't always have to find someone to be the villian who is the cause of all of our problems.  Where has common sense and personal respect gone??? :/O
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Enter your email address: