Author Topic: Bluntness at its finest. At the expense of NPR, awesome.  (Read 4736 times)

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
Re: Bluntness at its finest. At the expense of NPR, awesome.
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2007, 08:27:36 PM »
You got it.  A lot of the world's problems would be solved if people would take responsibility for their own actions and not always be the "Victim" of something or somebody.   We don't need a warning label on everything and we don't always have to find someone to be the villian who is the cause of all of our problems.  Where has common sense and personal respect gone??? :/O
Let me open this with a disclaimer:  I have great respect for attorneys and their profession.

That said, we have become a lawsuit happy society of people looking to get rich quick.  Almost all professionals, be they doctors, lawyers (yes - I had an attorney friend once sued by a client because they lost a case), teachers, etc., are forced to carry liability insurance.  A mere fall in the grocery store or a minor rear-end collision results in a fear of lawsuits.  My grandmother fell in a major department store.  They hounded the heck outta her, not seeing how she was, but to get her to sign a release of liability (their restroom door threshhold was not ADA compliant).  Even my church is having a battle with our insurance carrier; our front door opens inward instead of outward.   

Medicine bottles are covered with warnings; some good, some bad.  You can't get a cup of hot coffee any longer ... and, last week, my plumber told me he could not legally up the temperature on my hot water heater because he might get sued if I got scalded. 

WHERE IS PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY?
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt