Author Topic: Bizarre ads  (Read 4130 times)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Bizarre ads
« on: July 31, 2007, 09:59:12 PM »
I know we probably have no control over the ad content on this site but this one is just completely over the top:

http://marriedwomen.affairguide.com/

Why would anyone deliberately set out to have an affair with a married woman?   I know people have affairs all the time, and I can sort of see how it's possible to fall for someone and then find out after the fact that they are married.  But to deliberately seek them out over the internet just seems bizarre.  Why knowingly get yourself into a situation that can only end badly? ??? ??? ???

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Bizarre ads
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 10:38:02 PM »
I can remove that RazorX.  I find it humorous that someone would actually advertise that, not because the act is humorous, but the fact that someone actually thought that it was a good idea.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007, 10:40:47 PM »
Ok, I've found out what this guy is actually doing.  It ultimately leads to Mate1, which is a regular singles dating site.  This guy is just trying to do some "creative" marketing because he's an affiliate and gets paid if someone signs up. 

Still removing it, but just thought I'd let you know the creature I found when I turned the rock over.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 03:29:28 PM »
Very creative marketing.  I wonder how many people bothered to look past the "front" and find out what it was really about. 

BTW, I wasn't complaining about the ad.  I just thought it was weird.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 04:33:42 PM »
Very creative marketing.  I wonder how many people bothered to look past the "front" and find out what it was really about. 

BTW, I wasn't complaining about the ad.  I just thought it was weird.

I hear ya.  It's just a weird ad to have here in the first place.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2007, 01:11:25 PM »
married women won't run their mouths. if both people are married it is safer as far as ratting each other out. or at least i have heard something like that.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline YOSP

• Super Sly
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2007, 01:47:49 PM »
those sites are all over the internet...some people are into that and its easier to get away with if both individuals have something to lose...

don't knock it until you try it >:D

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2007, 10:04:50 PM »
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 10:07:09 PM by Tyler »

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2007, 06:47:09 AM »
Here's an article that you'll like RazorX...  $c#m

http://www.thebachelorguy.com/secrets-of-7-men-who-cheated-and-came-away-still-married-and-uncastrated.html

Now let them try and find 7 average Joes who got off as easily ....  ^-^

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2007, 10:02:20 AM »
Here's an article that you'll like RazorX...  $c#m

http://www.thebachelorguy.com/secrets-of-7-men-who-cheated-and-came-away-still-married-and-uncastrated.html

Now let them try and find 7 average Joes who got off as easily ....  ^-^

Yeah, that would be a tougher feat. 

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2007, 10:08:24 AM »
It amazes me some of the lengths that people will go through to cheat on their spouses.