Author Topic: How do you recommend to someone...  (Read 3460 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
How do you recommend to someone...
« on: October 29, 2006, 06:35:23 PM »
How do you recommend to someone that they should shave their head?  If you had a friend or knew a person that should just embrace their baldness and shave their head, how do you tell them?  Let us know what you think.

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
Re: How do you recommend to someone...
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 09:15:46 PM »
I always like the direct approach.  "Hey dumbass, no one is buying it, anymore.  Just do it.  Shave your head!"
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 07:13:39 AM »
Yeah, I agree use the direct approach. Write them a letter...start with Dear Dumbass...
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

usmcpelon

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 08:38:17 AM »
Alot of guys approach me and alway say they've alway wanted to shave their head, including friends.  So, I just give them a business card to the barber shop and say just visit the barber shop and your'll get your head shave completely bald just like you've always wanted.  Many time it work and other it doesn't.  Most guys that do go to the barber shop are attracted to the ad in the newspaper.  Military Haircuts Only.  Once they are in the shop, there is no turning back.  It is very easy to convince a guy to go bald.  Once they decide, I waste no time and with the clippers already in my hand, I start the process quickly to avoid any change of heart.  They leave the barber shop shocked but happy and they come back pretty quickly for the next shave.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 10:17:22 AM »
I've told a couple, the strangest is one of my oenophile friends whose getting to the point of just a few strands of gray on top.  He doesn't like the idea of shaving his head, his wife on the other hand wants him to do it.  Strangest of all another one of his friends an extremely successful business man with a knock out wife, has the absolute worst rug I've seen, and he persists in wearing it most of the time at a "jaunty tilt" making him look all the more ludicrous.  According to my friend, he's delusional--he thinks it looks great!  Personally, I think I'd like it for a Mardi Gras or Halloween costume--one use only :D!
Well, SBG says it's all about how you feel, don't we?

Modification/Clarification--I assumed that this would be in a dialogue, not a dictate situation where the potential sly guy brings up the subject, shaved head--mine or whatever.  He doesn't have to indicate he's thinking of it, but if he brings up my shaved noggin and he needs to think about it, yes I'm going to tell him that it's a "movie that might  be coming to a theatre near him soon!"
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 01:26:12 PM by saintc »

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2010, 10:23:49 AM »
I've never recommended it to anyone unless they brought up the matter first, and I can count the times that's happened on one hand.  I have a couple of friends that are starting to get thin on top, but I've never suggested that they shave, because I know they won't do it and because I'm pretty sure the advice wouldn't be received very well.

I don't know how I would have reacted when I was thinning out if someone had made the suggestion to me.  If a close friend had recommended it, it might have given me the push I needed, but if a stranger on the street had approached me out of the blue and said, "You should shave your head" I probably would have been a bit upset.

Offline hammerdrill376

• Get your SLY on
  • Sly Bureau
    • Welcome to our little part on the web
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2010, 01:14:33 PM »
Unless someone brings it up I don't voluntarily recommend it. I don't feel it is my place to do so.
Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place. If victorious we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.

Gen. Robert E. Lee C.S.A

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2010, 02:16:57 PM »
Usually it's in general conversation and I'll just have an idea that they may be interested. I'll simply say, "Dude, you would look great shaved".
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields