Author Topic: You guys seem very cool  (Read 3238 times)

Offline Steeltoe

• Sly Jr.
You guys seem very cool
« on: March 23, 2014, 10:42:15 AM »
Hi guys. I found this website looking for information on laser scalp hair removal. I haven't started looking for a doc here in San Francisco, but soon. My skin is paper-white, but my hair might be too light. I guess I'll find out.

I've got a full head of hair, but bald is the right look for me. I've been using clippers for many years, but thanks to you guys I learned about the Norelco balder, and it's great. It still takes me a while to get it all, but it's more comfortable than my Braun, and gives me a closer shave. Wet shaving, despite trying every tactic known to man, pisses off my scalp and gives me ugly red spots.

My name is actually Steeltoe. I earned the nickname in my teens and decided to legally change it a while back. One of the best decisions of my life.

I'm looking forward to participating in the spirited discussions around here. :-)

Offline tobler1

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: You guys seem very cool
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 11:42:51 AM »
Welcome!  Happy you could join us.  Wouldn't know you can't wet shave at all from your photo.  It looks super smooth!

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 12:57:40 PM »
Welcome. Phew, when did you have the tats done on your face and why?

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 05:08:11 PM »
Welcome, Steeltoe! You're right when you say "bald is the right look for you"
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline meganuera

• Sly Guy in Training
  • Should I?
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2014, 05:57:21 PM »
Laser scalp remover is permanent, as you know. So seems like a pretty extreme route to take. What do you mean shaving is hard on your scalp? Does it break out? I break out when I shave my face, so I'm afraid that my scalp will break out when I shave my head. I guess I will just shave with the grain to avoid irritation.

Offline Steeltoe

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2014, 06:09:18 PM »
@meganuera -- Sure, I know lasering is permanent. How cool would that be! I'm certain I want to be bald for life. Stubble after 4 hours is a bummer.

@Koolpc -- I guess I like tattoos. :-) I wanted to get my face tattooed ever since I went to my first tattoo convention at age 19 and met some guys from NZ with amazing face tattoos. I collected a lot of ink after that, but I waited until I was 40 to do my face. Zero regrets, only enjoyment.

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • The Bald by Choice Men group
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2014, 06:40:32 PM »
I'm certain I want to be bald for life!

I waited until I was 40 to do my face. Zero regrets, only enjoyment.

O0 O0 O0
I like your attitude!

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2014, 08:39:38 PM »
Welcome Steeltoe! The face and head look amazing. Both suit you nicely. Good luck with the laser treatments.

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2014, 04:16:26 AM »
@meganuera -- Sure, I know lasering is permanent. How cool would that be! I'm certain I want to be bald for life. Stubble after 4 hours is a bummer.

@Koolpc -- I guess I like tattoos. :-) I wanted to get my face tattooed ever since I went to my first tattoo convention at age 19 and met some guys from NZ with amazing face tattoos. I collected a lot of ink after that, but I waited until I was 40 to do my face. Zero regrets, only enjoyment.

Nice one! I have approx 11 tats myself

Offline Blitzed

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2014, 06:11:10 AM »
Before you find a person with a laser, have a consultation with a dermatologist who does NOT do this procedure. Ask them to look at your scalp and tell you directly how likely you might be to scar. Are you Keloid? (Most people with tats aren't but it's a good question.) Then tell him or her what you want done and ask for the name of a REPUTABLE person or group that does this. There are places that teach only how to laser with minimal medical knowledge; Do not go there. If you think the facial ink is noticeable, wait until people start asking about the scar on your head; Of course, there's an answer to that, more ink, but that should be a decision that is yours and not one from exigency. I collect tats myself and, at age 70+ am going to start moving up my neck....

Great to have you. Like the septum ring as well...going for the full bull or is it going to stay as is?

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2014, 09:17:41 AM »
WELCOME TO SBGs!!!  8)

Offline Crowbar

• Sly
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2014, 06:04:55 PM »
Welcome! Yes we are cool :)
and the end of our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2014, 07:45:12 AM »
I'm certain I want to be bald for life!

I waited until I was 40 to do my face. Zero regrets, only enjoyment.

O0 O0 O0
I like your attitude!

Me too!
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2014, 10:46:11 AM »
Steeltoe!  It's great to have another guy from the Bay on the forum.  I have actually seen you in person before.  I'm sure it was up in SF as I get up there quite a bit for work, but I'm not sure where it was.  If I see you again I'll say hello.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Enter your email address: