Author Topic: Women judging men's attractiveness by "seeing" their self-confidence  (Read 1685 times)

Offline philp

• Sly
    • Young Hair Loss
This is a study that I think all guys should be aware of, whether or not they are on the fence about going sly or not. For those that are on the fence, one of things that guys often worry about is whether women will find them attractive or not. Most guys who are sly know by now that there are some women that go crazy for bald men. Other women are not into it, at least on first impression. BUT in all cases, confidence trumps everything else and even a woman who is not into a bald guy at first can change her opinion!!!

In this study, scientists did a double-blind test with cologne and the results are pretty incredible. The short version of this story is that guys who wore cologne were deemed to be more attractive when women watched said men in a video. Despite not knowing the men were wearing cologne (they weren't told and obviously you cannot smell someone through a video), the women found this group more attractive than the non-cologne wearers.

so WHAT was happening here?? The guys who were wearing cologne had more self-confidence and this had an effect on their physical attractiveness!!

Here is the abstract of the study: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19134127

Anyway, just an important reminder that attractiveness has a very strong non-physical element and in the end it's all about confidence and feeling good about yourself!!

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
Re: Women judging men's attractiveness by "seeing" their self-confidence
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 08:15:38 AM »
As far as women who base their judgement of a man on something so superficial I would ask only if that is the kind of woman that a man can really see himself spending the rest of his life with.
Another angle here is that if a man cannot stand on his own without a woman in his life then he is clearly NOT ready to settle down with one. Unless, of course, he likes the idea of wearing a dog collar.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Enter your email address: