Author Topic: March Madness 2014  (Read 7371 times)

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
March Madness 2014
« on: March 20, 2014, 07:20:07 AM »
Well, folks, we had the first four games played over the last two nights. In about three hours, the tournament will begin in earnest....So did anyone play any brackets? If so, who did you pick to win it all....I'm taking vacation this weekend so I can keep up with the games and flip channels all day (and night)...What about you guys?

Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
Re: March Madness 2014
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 09:36:17 AM »
I did a bracket with Duke and Florida in the final and Duke coming out the winner, as much as it pains me to say that!

Here's a link to a funny bracket:

For the Nerds: NCAA Bracket Picks Based on Academic Performance:

http://inthecapital.streetwise.co/2014/03/17/ncaa-tournament-ncaa-bracket-picks-based-on-academic-performance/

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 08:17:30 PM »
I don't really follow basket ball so my bracket is a bunch of S.W.A.G.s. I too choose Florida and Duke as my top two with Duke as the winner.
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 02:31:24 PM »
I don't really follow basket ball so my bracket is a bunch of S.W.A.G.s. I too choose Florida and Duke as my top two with Duke as the winner.

Well, Doug, we're both out of luck this time around - Duke lost to Mercer!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2014, 05:26:08 PM »
David is killing Goliath in earnest this year....By the time this weekend finishes, we will have Ohio State, Duke, Kansas, an undefeated Wichita State, VCU, Syracuse, Villanova and Cincinnati (all of whom were seeded #5 or higher) all out after one or two games....Whoever offered a billion dollars for a perfect bracket was pure genius, knowing full well that wasn't going to happen!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 05:45:20 PM by Sir Harry »

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2014, 07:23:08 PM »
Hi Gents:  I love me some March Madness.  Like most everyone my bracket got busted quickly.  My Final Four predictions were Virginia, UCLA, Creighton, and Louisville with Virginia beating Louisville for all the marbles.

Just finished watching the Kentucky vs Michigan game and I thoroughly enjoyed that game.  So.... the Final Four goes:  UConn vs Florida   and  Kentucky vs Wisconsin.

My prediction is that Kentucky will beat UConn for the championship.  So... what are your predictions?

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2014, 04:58:20 AM »
My bracket had the Final Four being Florida, Arizona, Michigan State and Louisville. While I had only one of those right, at least two of the other three (AZ, Mich. State) lost in the Elite Eight (one game short) and the third, Louisville, made it to the Sweet 16. (I picked them to beat Wichita State in that round). I had Florida beating Louisville in the Championship game. That said, here are my predictions for next weekend/next Monday:

Semifinals: Florida 64, U Conn 57; Kentucky 74, Wisconsin 69
Championship: Florida 71, Kentucky 70

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2014, 06:23:30 AM »
Florida is my only final 4 pack that is still in it. That being said, I am in 2nd place ( out of 4) for the people in my bracket group :)
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2014, 06:33:40 AM »
Florida is my only final 4 pack that is still in it. That being said, I am in 2nd place ( out of 4) for the people in my bracket group :)

Nice job, Doug!

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2014, 04:10:13 PM »
Hi Gents:  I love me some March Madness.  Like most everyone my bracket got busted quickly.  My Final Four predictions were Virginia, UCLA, Creighton, and Louisville with Virginia beating Louisville for all the marbles.

Just finished watching the Kentucky vs Michigan game and I thoroughly enjoyed that game.  So.... the Final Four goes:  UConn vs Florida   and  Kentucky vs Wisconsin.

My prediction is that Kentucky will beat UConn for the championship.  So... what are your predictions?

WARHAWK O0

I stand by my prediction on Kentucky taking it all.  So... who you got winning it all on Monday?  Kentucky?  or  UConn?   It should be a fun game to watch.  I hate that March Madness will be ending soon.

WARHAWK O0

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2014, 12:53:04 AM »
Both teams are very good, and grossly underseeded.....(Florida was a good defensive team, but didn't have the horses to score points if forced into a shootout, but I won't even say that....They just had a bad game at the most inopportune time). I have to give the edge to Kentucky because of the coach with more experience, but a U Conn. win would not be a shock to me.

My guess: Kentucky 74, U Conn. 72

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2014, 08:39:43 PM »
WOW!!!  I definitely enjoyed that game last night.  My prediction was wrong but that was a fun game to watch.  The guard play for UConn was amazing.

WARHAWK O0

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2014, 07:20:14 AM »
It was a good game.....This game was won/lost at the free throw line.....Many people are going to compare this game to the  2008 title game when Memphis (also coached by Coach Cal at that time) lost to Kansas in overtime due to missed free throws....Going 13 for 24 in a six-point loss....well, there's your ball game right there, folks..That said, congrats to U Conn's men and women for a clean sweep for the second time!

Enter your email address: