Author Topic: Gillette Body Razor  (Read 10930 times)

Offline wutwutman

• Super Sly
  • "Isaac Hayes style boy!" lol
Gillette Body Razor
« on: March 10, 2014, 08:23:36 PM »
Have you tried it yet?  I saw the commercial and that kind of peaked my interest, then I saw them in Walmart so I was like, eh why not?

First of all, the Gillette Body is really just a re-colored Venus razor, with a slightly altered handle.  Which isn't necessarily a bad thing as the Venus razor is really easy to maneuver. It's a 3 blade rounded edge cartridge with 3 lube strips.

First shave - really really smooth, close shave!  And it was a really quick shave.  Areas that I normally have to go over a couple times or more, were smooth on the first-second pass, which is crazy as I typically use a 4 or 5 blade razor. The handle is very easy to grip even wet. There is a lot of pivot.  I can't be for sure but it seemed like there was more pivot than in the Fusion or the Hydro.  When I get more of them I'll compare and update this review.  I got the disposable version so the replaceable version might be slightly different performance.

Cost wise its about the same as the Fusion.  I'm going to keep using it for a week or two and see if i still like them.

** Wutwutman **
"To shave or not to shave... is that really a question?"

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Gillette Body Razor
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 03:35:05 AM »
Did you try it on your dome?  A lot of guys like the Venus to shave their head with.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 05:15:25 AM »
I thought he was on about how it shaved his dome?

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 09:19:13 AM »

Wrong...think about it.

Offline wutwutman

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 07:56:53 AM »
I was totally talking about my experience shaving the dome with it LOL  I guess I should have been more specific :)

But anyway, used it again this morning with the same results.  Very close shave. Very minimal having to go over areas.  Took very little effort at all.  I got a 2-pack of the disposable version for like 7.99 so I'm going to use them for about two week.  A week on each cart.
** Wutwutman **

Offline baldsurfer

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2014, 09:53:45 AM »
I'm currently not in a Sly period, but I've tried this razor on arms, chest ad "junk" and it really is a much better shave than my usual Fusion Power. Especially in the trouble spots that are usually hard to get cleanly shaved. I tried it out of curiosity and was pretty surprised at the difference

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2014, 01:44:20 PM »

Wrong...think about it.

Not wrong! lol, see reply no:4 above

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2014, 01:46:15 PM »
I was totally talking about my experience shaving the dome with it LOL  I guess I should have been more specific :)

But anyway, used it again this morning with the same results.  Very close shave. Very minimal having to go over areas.  Took very little effort at all.  I got a 2-pack of the disposable version for like 7.99 so I'm going to use them for about two week.  A week on each cart.

Would you say it is better than the Fusion/

Offline wutwutman

• Super Sly
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2014, 03:11:03 PM »

At this point, yes I would say it shaves better than the Fusion, and probably "as good as my Hydro."

Loving the funky handle lol
** Wutwutman **

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2014, 04:24:22 AM »
May give one a try. Cheers

Offline os1019

• Sly Guy in Training
Re:
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2014, 09:44:21 PM »
Always pays to check in with you guys before I purchase a new shaving product. I saw an ad for the body razor a couple of days ago and since that time I was wondering how well it performs when it comes to the noggin...

Is the Gillette Body Razor still holding up?

Offline wutwutman

• Super Sly
Re:
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2014, 03:52:41 PM »
I've actually since switched to DE shaving but yes, I liked the Gillette Body the most out of all of the cart razors.  I still have a couple I'm keeping for backup.  Also as much as I loved my Headblade ATX, I have to say the Body got a closer shave.
** Wutwutman **

Offline os1019

• Sly Guy in Training
Re:
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2014, 08:52:36 AM »
Thanks for update

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2014, 11:41:42 AM »
Cant find it in the UK

Offline os1019

• Sly Guy in Training
Re:
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2014, 06:56:12 PM »
Nice product it does wonders for the head. The actual lightness of the razor made me a little nervous at first but so far no product has never shaved my head so closely.

Enter your email address: