Author Topic: Clean shaven?  (Read 33126 times)

BALDANDRE

Re: Clean shaven?
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2007, 08:36:31 AM »
Go for it bro...I have been thinking the same thing.  It isnt anythign for me to shave the goatee..but the mustache..i have had it since i was like 14 ...lol...i know i had my hair since i was a born too ..but hey ...my cookie duster....its mine..i choose to grown it..i dint choose to grow my hair.   

Timm...you lookWAY better without the goatee, i say ditch the pencil stache too, the "Mr. Clean" look is much better for you...you look cleaner and younger...I say loose the stache too! O0

Much better even if you leave though....

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2007, 10:07:43 AM »
Hey Tim,

I agree with Andre, looks much better without goat. You should give a try to the full clean look, I think it would look great too.
Clean and smooth.

Joe

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2007, 01:01:01 PM »
Well I took all of your advices...and went home during lunch and ditched the stash.....must say my upper lip feels naked.  I appreciate the honesty though. 

And you JOHN...wow major 360....looks good bro.  Now I feel like I have competition.  I would suggest thinking on really hard to keep the sly look. It fits you like a glove.  Good luck wiht your encounters John..dont let them intemidate you! Stand your ground.
See ya's
Tim

BALDANDRE

« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2007, 01:16:32 PM »
Well I took all of your advices...and went home during lunch and ditched the stash.....must say my upper lip feels naked.  I appreciate the honesty though. 

Timm, nice move going for the full bald face action...it does suit you more than the goateed look I think, i hope you dig it...

remember to keep it for at least a month before making a desicision..you know the drill!

Looks good though! O0

BALDANDRE

« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2007, 01:58:03 PM »
It looks pretty terrible, and I briefly contemplated shaving it all off and starting over again, but decided that would only set me back further.  Nobody seems to have noticed, so it might not be as bad as I think.  I can't wait for it grow out; I'm hoping it will be more or less back to normal by the end of the week.

Razor...dude...I've seen pics of you with no goat and a bald face...

It looks good bro..I wouldn't sweat it, why not go for the "Mr. Clean" since you're basically there?

Wait....I'm NOT pushin' again or anything! ;)

jusbnme

« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2007, 03:08:19 PM »
John, you are definitely rockin' the sly look brother.  Sorry, but it's been a while since I've been on here so I know my reaction is sort of late.  As I am sure I will have some other surprises after checking some more threads.  Anyway, I'm glad to see you finally went through with it.  As far as the facial hair goes...Sure you could go ahead and shave it off just to see what it looks like but I'm a big fan of the beard with the slick dome.  I've actually been wearing my facial hair just like yours for the past few weeks.  I like it for a few reasons.  #1 - I think it really sets of the sly look because of the big transition from no hair to a full beard and #2 - I think it's a lot easier to maintain.  Meaning there's less hair to shave(on your face anyway.)

Hey, hows it goin Lance, I had been wondering where you'd gone.  Glad you're back, anyways.  I always enjoy reading your posts. 

Just had to take a little alone time for a while but glad to be back bro.  Thanks for the kind words.  O0

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2007, 03:16:08 PM »

I know what you mean dude...if there were a way I would totally love to have not a trace of shadow if it were possible...mine is not as pronounce as yours, but it's still there....

For someone who has such dark hair, you really have very little shadow.  Can't even see it at all in that latest pic you've posted. And from that angle, the shadow should be pretty obvious.  If I weren't already sly, seeing that photo would make me want to grab my razor immediately.   O0

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2007, 03:18:41 PM »

You look completely different  -- and a lot better -- without the goat.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2007, 03:26:32 PM »

Razor...dude...I've seen pics of you with no goat and a bald face...

It looks good bro..I wouldn't sweat it, why not go for the "Mr. Clean" since you're basically there?

Wait....I'm NOT pushin' again or anything! ;)

You know, I almost did it because I thought the goat was ruined anyway.  But since I was down to stubble anyway and seeing more skin on the upper lip and chin than I've seen in two years, it brought back bad memories of the last time I shaved it off.  I instantly regretted it.   It was a few days before I had to go to a wedding, so there wasn't enough time to grow it back, but I started growing it back the day after the wedding and could not wait for it to grow out. 

I just couldn't do it.  I need something to cover up this droopy chin and that dimple I hate so much, as well as a distraction from these fat cheeks.  It's now almost 48 hours after the mishap, and I'm starting to look a little more like the old me.  By Friday I think things will be back to normal.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2007, 03:32:45 PM »

Just had to take a little alone time for a while but glad to be back bro.  Thanks for the kind words.  O0

Well, it's about time!! 

J/K bro!  It's good to have you back.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

BALDANDRE

« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2007, 03:41:25 PM »
For someone who has such dark hair, you really have very little shadow.  Can't even see it at all in that latest pic you've posted. And from that angle, the shadow should be pretty obvious.  If I weren't already sly, seeing that photo would make me want to grab my razor immediately.   O0

Thanks bro, I get inspiration a lot from seeing how cool all the dudes look with the scraped dome..yea, i know my shadow isn't as bad as I think...

and i understand about the no -goat thing...I have the cheeks i'm not too keen on...even if people say 'what are you talking about"...

oh, and girls really seem to respond to the chin dimple, so don't sweat having it...maybe that's why I don't have the goat these days! ;)

JohnMont

« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2007, 05:33:23 PM »

And you JOHN...wow major 360....looks good bro.  Now I feel like I have competition.  I would suggest thinking on really hard to keep the sly look. It fits you like a glove. 
Tim

Thanks for the good words, Tim.  Don't worry; My sly look isn't going anywhere.   I'm too hooked on the smooth dome!  .   
Great move ditching the pencil stache.  I agree that the Mr. Clean look is great for you.  I think It'd be kind of cool to get a little trend going here .... Remove the Goatee for the "Sly Mr. Clean" look !  Are you listening RazorX (btw; you'd ROCK the MrClean; think about it), Lance, Marshall, Tyler, SlyKC and all the guys I'm forgetting !?!?!?!?
by the way; here's me as of this afternoon. ... trimmed down, in prep for the weekend ....

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • The Bald by Choice Men group
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2007, 06:02:24 PM »

by the way; here's me as of this afternoon. ... trimmed down, in prep for the weekend ....

good luck!  O0 let's know how it will go!!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2007, 06:20:41 PM »
[I think It'd be kind of cool to get a little trend going here .... Remove the Goatee for the "Sly Mr. Clean" look !  Are you listening RazorX (btw; you'd ROCK the MrClean; think about it), Lance, Marshall, Tyler, SlyKC and all the guys I'm forgetting !?!?!?!?

Been there, done that.  Check the Before & After Gallery.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2007, 06:27:26 PM »

Thanks for the good words, Tim.  Don't worry; My sly look isn't going anywhere.   I'm too hooked on the smooth dome!  .   

OK, John.  Somebody has to say this, and since nobody else has stepped up to the plate yet, it looks like it's up to me:

TOLD YA SO!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Enter your email address: