Author Topic: Clean shaven?  (Read 33128 times)

BALDANDRE

Re: Clean shaven?
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2007, 09:00:07 AM »
John looks real good with just the goat...I think the "Mr. Clean" will work well too, if you decide to try it, i say go for it...you'll feel 'extra" bald, tust me...nice and CLEAN! O0

BALDANDRE

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2007, 09:03:09 AM »
Nice shaved head bro, not a trace of shadow. I've got baldness envy.

I see quite a few members on this forum have great shadow free domes.

I know what you mean dude...if there were a way I would totally love to have not a trace of shadow if it were possible...mine is not as pronounce as yours, but it's still there....

your shadow really tells the world ...I WANT to be bald...very cool in it's own way! O0 O0 O0

I know what you mean though!

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2007, 09:44:34 AM »
OK ..John is thinking..OH NO!  Here he goes....LOL!  No really John I must agree..with you shaving yoru face down some..it has made you look a few years younger.  Go for it bro...I have been thinking the same thing.  It isnt anythign for me to shave the goatee..but the mustache..i have had it since i was like 14 ...lol...i know i had my hair since i was a born too ..but hey ...my cookie duster....its mine..i choose to grown it..i dint choose to grow my hair.   I feel liek a scum today..i didnt get up in time to shave my dome...and YUCK>>>>>VELCRO  cant wait for lunch break.  LOL
Go for it John...like anythign else..it wil grow back in a few days
Tim

JohnMont

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2007, 10:37:09 AM »
John I think you should try the clean shaven look and see how you like it eh. Remember, it will always grow back.

I find I usually will grow a goatee for a few weeks and shave it off because my wife wont kiss me LOL.

The only hair I have on my head is my eyebrows. Which even then I've thought about shaving off.

Nice shaved head bro, not a trace of shadow. I've got baldness envy.

I see quite a few members on this forum have great shadow free domes.

Yeah; I'm really pleased about the 'no shadow' effect too.  It's because the hair is so white; even with a slight stubble, it doesn't create a shadow.  and speaking of stubble; when I don't shave for two days, i get this forest of WHITE stubble on the sides especially. ... I really hate it . ....  So just call me 'sly for life'!

Offline shyslyguy

• Super Sly
  • remember! you gotta be bald to be sly!
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2007, 02:33:03 PM »
Wow .... i think you look great with just the goatee ... really suits you & takes a few years off you too J.  I also think you should give the totally clean shaven look a go for a while too though .... just to see how you like it.  As others have said - won't take long to get back to your current look if you decide to do so.  O0 

His heed was ballid, and schon as eny glas 

http://www.myspace.com/thetrombonists

JohnMont

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2007, 03:15:26 PM »
John looks real good with just the goat...I think the "Mr. Clean" will work well too, if you decide to try it, i say go for it...you'll feel 'extra" bald, tust me...nice and CLEAN! O0

Andre, that is a great new Avatar !    I think you'd look great with a total "Mr. Clean" too.

John

JohnMont

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2007, 03:17:14 PM »
Thanks to all you guys for the great feedback.  I think I'm gonna go through with this, probably this weekend.
John

BALDANDRE

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2007, 03:23:13 PM »

Andre, that is a great new Avatar !    I think you'd look great with a total "Mr. Clean" too.

John

John, that pic is a bit older...don't worry dude...I'm "Mr. Cleanin'" these days... ;)

BALDANDRE

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2007, 03:29:41 PM »
Thanks to all you guys for the great feedback.  I think I'm gonna go through with this, probably this weekend.
John

I think it's a good move going for the bald face action too...I bet you will look a lot younger once you ditch the grey goat....

good luck, i'm sure you'll like the new, "balder" you! O0

Offline YOSP

• Super Sly
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2007, 04:21:31 PM »
Andre...great pic dude O0

BALDANDRE

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2007, 04:25:51 PM »
Andre...great pic dude O0

Likewise on yours...but I already told you that! ;)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2007, 09:43:50 PM »
That's a pretty radical idea about the eyebrows, my friend.  i'll think about it.

here I am down to a goatee.  what do you think?  Too "Anton LeVey?" 

John

I think the goatee looks great.  I like it a lot better on you than the full beard.  Makes you look "edgier" and younger.

I came perilously close to adopting the Mr. Clean look myself.  There's a barbershop around the corner from my office where I get my goatee trimmed once a week for $5.  The barber is getting older and is cutting back his hours to just Friday and Saturday.   I couldn't get there last Friday, so by Monday it was getting pretty long and starting to itch.  I decided to get a new beard trimmer to use when I can't get to the barbershop.  My old one had worn out and it had been a long time since I'd attempted to trim my goat myself.

Tried the new trimmer for the first time last night, starting with a longer length and gradually going shorter.  I put the trimmer down for a minute, and when I picked it up, I made a crucial mistake.  I inadvertently picked it up and had it facing so it would shave against the grain (on the #1 setting), because that was the direction I used to hold the old trimmer to shave with the grain.  Bottom line is I took off way more than I'd intended and the goat was pretty much reduced to stubble, which looks blotchy on me because of my hair color. 

It looks pretty terrible, and I briefly contemplated shaving it all off and starting over again, but decided that would only set me back further.  Nobody seems to have noticed, so it might not be as bad as I think.  I can't wait for it grow out; I'm hoping it will be more or less back to normal by the end of the week.

jusbnme

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2007, 10:17:28 PM »
John, you are definitely rockin' the sly look brother.  Sorry, but it's been a while since I've been on here so I know my reaction is sort of late.  As I am sure I will have some other surprises after checking some more threads.  Anyway, I'm glad to see you finally went through with it.  As far as the facial hair goes...Sure you could go ahead and shave it off just to see what it looks like but I'm a big fan of the beard with the slick dome.  I've actually been wearing my facial hair just like yours for the past few weeks.  I like it for a few reasons.  #1 - I think it really sets of the sly look because of the big transition from no hair to a full beard and #2 - I think it's a lot easier to maintain.  Meaning there's less hair to shave(on your face anyway.)

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2007, 05:09:53 AM »
Hey John, great new avatar.  Really rocks the sly look.

And Lance,  full beard?   Post up a new pic dude.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2007, 06:05:23 AM »
John, you are definitely rockin' the sly look brother.  Sorry, but it's been a while since I've been on here so I know my reaction is sort of late.  As I am sure I will have some other surprises after checking some more threads.  Anyway, I'm glad to see you finally went through with it.  As far as the facial hair goes...Sure you could go ahead and shave it off just to see what it looks like but I'm a big fan of the beard with the slick dome.  I've actually been wearing my facial hair just like yours for the past few weeks.  I like it for a few reasons.  #1 - I think it really sets of the sly look because of the big transition from no hair to a full beard and #2 - I think it's a lot easier to maintain.  Meaning there's less hair to shave(on your face anyway.)

Hey, hows it goin Lance, I had been wondering where you'd gone.  Glad you're back, anyways.  I always enjoy reading your posts. 
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Enter your email address: