Author Topic: For those of you who need a reason or are on the fence... for a good cause  (Read 1180 times)

Offline g_bald

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Bald IS beautiful... and it will always be so!
Howdy fellow slyers!

I heard a commercial on the radio for this and after a hectic week I finally got around to remembering to check it out. What caught my ear and attention was a woman saying "I'm shaving my head for..."

It's the Kid's Cancer Buzz-Off and they currently list 2 events, one in Dallas and one inf Foxborough, MA (near Boston) at the NFL stadiums. Dallas is May 4th and Foxborough/Gillette is June 8. Here's the link:

http://www.buzzforkids.org/

If you're on the fence, you know someone who is, or perhaps you just know someone who really wants to shave their head, they can register, gather donations and on the big day show up and get shaved! Children's cancers are hard (a friend of my mom's just lost her granddaughter to leukemia) so raising money to help with awareness, research and support is wonderful, to give kids a ray of hope.

The venues are sure to be fantastic (Gillette Stadium is incredible) and the exposure and support from so many folks will be amazing and fill kids with hope. Ask yourself, what do I have to lose? Only your hair. :)