Author Topic: Cherry Angioma(s) Removal  (Read 2614 times)

Offline frank_m

• Sly Jr.
Cherry Angioma(s) Removal
« on: July 27, 2007, 02:05:05 PM »
I figured I should start a new thread so this topic didn't get lost... this came up in another post... but I wanted to get it out here.

I posted that I was going to have a couple of 'cherry angiomas' removed.

I had them removed not because of vanity, but out of necessity, when I had hair, my barber would nick one of them occasionally, and now that I'm sly, it was tough to shave around it without nicking one of them on a regular basis, and when you cut one of those things, it's like bloody murder.

I went to a dermatologist and told him why I needed them removed, and hoping for the least amount of scarring as possible.   I was hoping he could just freeze them off, but he said that was not an option for this type of thing, and it was also something that should be reviewed under a microscope (pathology) just in case.   

so, I had two of my worst ones removed a couple of weeks ago, addressing the scarring issue... the procedure wasn't too bad.. he numbed the area(s) with something (xylocaine, novicane, etc.)  and cut them out, and then stitched it up..   
I was a bloody mess (head wounds bleed like crazy), the pain wasn't too bad until later that night when the local wore off.... my head throbbed for a couple of days.

He used stitches inside (dissolves) and external stitches too (that had to be removed)   he scheduled the removal of the external stitches one week from the day of the procedure.... the stitches were bugging me when I slept, so I removed them myself 2 days before I was supposed to go and have them removed. 

the scarring isn't too bad, it's been long enough that I think i can start with some over the counter treatments that make scars fade...
one thing the Dr. recommended is that I stay out of the sun as much as possible for the first few months, he advised me that fresh scar tissue will darken quickly and stay that way...

Hope that helps anybody else with the same problem....

PS, if you have health insurance, make sure you advise the physician that you are getting these removed because of the bleeding and potential infection problem rather than looks, if you want the procedure to be covered.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Cherry Angioma(s) Removal
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 09:49:40 PM »
Thanks Frank!! Great write up!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.