Author Topic: microtouch one safety razor  (Read 12628 times)

Offline greatnessinc

• One part iron man one part superman
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Semper Sly!
Re: microtouch one safety razor
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2014, 12:07:52 PM »
My brother inlaw has a birthday coming up soon, I'm going to get one for him.
"Ifyou're going through hell, just keep going"
-Winston Churchill

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2014, 12:57:25 PM »
My birthday is in August if you are feeling generous!! lol

Offline wutwutman

• Super Sly
  • "Isaac Hayes style boy!" lol
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2014, 12:41:41 PM »
Bought one last night.  Used it this morning.  So far I really like it.  Took a bit of hit and miss to get the angle right.  I even watched a few youtube videos on DE shaving LOL  But once I got it down it went smooth.  No major nicks or cuts.  That witch hazel burned though! LOL  I'll use it thru the weekend and report back Monday.
** Wutwutman **
"To shave or not to shave... is that really a question?"

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2014, 10:55:11 AM »
Sounds good so far, I will wait for Harry's take on it. I will probably pick one up soon, as I am through with 4,5 and 6 blade cartridges. It's total nonsense, made to make you spend more money, or should I say make you believe you need to spend more money for a great shave. Total BS!

Offline greatnessinc

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Semper Sly!
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2014, 01:46:44 PM »
Pro tip for getting the right angle:
Position the razor so the top of it could lay flat on your shaving surface then slightly tip it to an angle and take a short stroke with it and if you hear the blade cutting the hair you should be good to go. Conversely if it's just removing shaving cream and not cutting hair you might need more of an angle.
Note: hair often grows in different directions so you might have to adjust your angle as you go.

• The MT One is deceptively light, but standard DE rules apply, don't add pressure.
    It your razor is getting stuck, don't try to power through. Just move your razor back a bit and make short passes to clear the area; sometimes you may need to approach from the opposite direction to get that smooth shave.
  • Don't forget to relather before each pass.
If your lather is drying up or breaking down, add a little water to your brush then whip up the lather again by rapidly going side to side then clockwise and counter clockwise motions in your shave bowl/mug. Adding more soap/cream isn't needed.
-Winston Churchill

Offline restless bald guy

• Sly Jr.
  • Be bald and proud
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2014, 03:01:53 PM »
I pick up the micro touch razor first time I shave with it brought back old memories when I was sixteen and shave with my Dad's safety razor..I have to get use to it all over again. Cut my self a a bit on the neck. Second shave went a lot better.It will be awhile before I try to shave my head want to get good with it first I will let you know how for I progress.I hope to be shaving my head with it soon all the good reviews I read how smooth it gets the head. I'm using the Head Blade right now.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2014, 11:55:21 AM »
My apologies to all for the late review, but I have used it twice since buying it last week. My take:

It cuts through pretty well....In most cases I only needed one pass WTG and one pass ATG to get to my usual smooth level. (I do agree with the Pawn Stars guy (forget his name) that it works well on the head as well as the face).

It shapes the under part of my beard real well and it's very easy to clean.

The only downsides is that I couldn't quite get it to work behind the ears and I had to make a double pass on the back of the head, but in fairness, that's where my hair is the strongest anyway. I also had a hard time storing it in the stand, but it may have been me.

Overall: 8.5 out of 10

Disclaimer: I used the Wilkinson Sword and Voshkod blades instead of the blades that came with it so could that have made a difference, perhaps?
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline greatnessinc

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Semper Sly!
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2014, 02:37:10 PM »
Trick for getting behind the ears:
Start below and behind the ear follow the curve of the ear up to the tip of the ear then position the razor to go back the other way following the curve of the ear. then starting behind/below the ear shave up to the top of your head.
To get those hairs that like to grow at the top of the ear in between the sideburns and the ear, when you get to the tip of the ear bring the razor forward to about a 90 degree angle only going as far down as you want to go.
-Winston Churchill

Offline wutwutman

• Super Sly
  • "Isaac Hayes style boy!" lol
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2014, 04:47:19 PM »
Sir Harry I concur with just about everything you said including issues with around my ears and having to multipass the back of my head lol Other than that this razor has made me a definite DE shaving convert!  Gonna try some Wilkinson Sword blades in it next week...
** Wutwutman **
"To shave or not to shave... is that really a question?"

Offline Crowbar

• Sly
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2014, 10:42:57 PM »
Only delivers to Canada or United States GRRR!! :(
and the end of our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time

Offline Crowbar

• Sly
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2014, 10:43:21 PM »
#%^*!!!
and the end of our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time

Offline Crowbar

• Sly
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2014, 05:21:52 AM »
Pffffft! Bleh

Offline Crowbar

• Sly
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2014, 05:59:10 PM »
I have been emailing them back and forth.

I am not exaggerating here in what I say below...

I have never come across a company so disinterested in assisting someone to get their product, it's bizarre!

Offline richierich1220

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2014, 12:12:14 PM »
Thinking of ordering these, but I have a question.  I like the cartridge razors because I shave about once every 3-4 days.  Will this microtouch one safety razor be able to cut through the stubble of 3 days with ease like my schick Quattro 5?  Thanks guys

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2014, 12:58:33 PM »
Thinking of ordering these, but I have a question.  I like the cartridge razors because I shave about once every 3-4 days.  Will this microtouch one safety razor be able to cut through the stubble of 3 days with ease like my schick Quattro 5?  Thanks guys

A DE razor will cut through but you may need a couple of passes to accomplish a nice smooth shave.