Author Topic: Having trouble shaving the hair on the side and back of my head...suggestions?  (Read 4412 times)

Offline Chico D

• Sly
I shave the top of my head easily, against or with the grain.  But its like my headblade gets caught up in the hairs on the side and especially on the back.  I mean I'm shaving everyday, so the hairs are tiny, but they are so rough it like prevents my headblade from shaving smoothly, its actually pretty rough.  I put warm/hot water on my head for a few minutes, then put the headblade shaving cream all over for about a minute....anything else I can do?  Oh yeah, and I use Sensor Excel blades.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 03:03:42 PM by Chico D »

KALBO

I use my regular razor on the sides and round my ears, then hit everything with my HeadBlade...even those areas again.  Aren't the Sensor Excel blades the doubles?  You may want to try the Senor triple blade...forgot what they are called with the green strip!

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
i don't use th HB but some of r fellow bladers use the fusion or mach3 4 the sides & the other trouble areas that the HB cannot get. 

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
I use the Sensor Excel also Chico and have a similar problem with the sides.  I have found that by showering up and then lathering my entire head with the Head Slick but shaving the sides last has helped.  Seems to soften the hair up by being on there longer.  I also have developed a technique of placing the HeadBlade on my neck below each ear and shaving up and over the ear and sides in an arc, from back to front.  This seems to go more smoothly and then any missed spots aren't so difficult.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Meathead

• Sly Guy in Training
i don't use th HB but some of r fellow bladers use the fusion or mach3 4 the sides & the other trouble areas that the HB cannot get. 

WARHAWK O0

Never once had an issue with the mach3- my headblade never gets used.
"Never pick a fight with an ugly person, they've got nothing to lose."

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
what direction are you shaving the sides?  I shave the sides both front to back and back to front.  This gets them nice and slick!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Chico D

• Sly
Tyler,

So instead of up and down, you shave front to back?

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
I use my headblade and i go from the front to the top of my head.  Then i do a REACH AROUND..lol...sorry had to add that...and i go from the back bottom up to the top....against the grain...when I go to shaving the sides...near the sideburns..in front of the ear...i go up...then i do the back sides ..behind the ears.. i start at the bottom and run the headblade up and over the ear in an arc....and my hair grow funny up around my  crown...so i have to go from side to side at that poiint ..then im done...easy

Offline Chico D

• Sly
Excellent technique Timm

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Chico...when you gonna post a pic??
We wanna see ya sly

BALDANDRE

Chico...when you gonna post a pic??
We wanna see ya sly

Tdog's got a point.......

when you postin' your balded mug...how long you been SLY now bro?

Offline Chico D

• Sly
Forever haha....I'm not really photogenic.  Maybe I'm just butt ugly.  But a good one will be in soon.  Yesterday this girl was trying to take pictures of me at the bar, and I was comin out pretty bad, kinda drunk and stuff.  But there will be one soon.  I got those pics on the other thread, don't remember which one, if you really wanna see. 

BALDANDRE

Forever haha....I'm not really photogenic.  Maybe I'm just butt ugly.  But a good one will be in soon.  Yesterday this girl was trying to take pictures of me at the bar, and I was comin out pretty bad, kinda drunk and stuff.  But there will be one soon.  I got those pics on the other thread, don't remember which one, if you really wanna see. 

So, i would believe that but...bro you post your mug on Myspace no problem...this weekend...your assignment, have a little lady take a nice shot of your bald headed mug....

no excuses

Offline Chico D

• Sly
Ha, man no lie, my myspace page has been dead...but I will see what I can do man

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Tyler,

So instead of up and down, you shave front to back?

Yep.  Then back to front.  I then use the extra blade on the fusion to clean up a bit around the ears.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.