Author Topic: Results from using Headblade  (Read 2454 times)

Offline cooley

• Learning the way of Sly
Results from using Headblade
« on: July 25, 2007, 08:30:59 PM »
Thanks guys for turning me on to Headblade and Head Slick. The first time I used it I had very minimal bumps. I realized, that I was still pushing down on the blades. So the second time I shaved, I just let the head blade glide on my head without pushing and it worked!  ;D This is my shaving routine: wet head   with hot water, apply head slick, shave, put on rubbing alcohol, get in shower  and let cold cold water run on my scalp,(to close pores) apply a conditioner, lastly put on an after shave.  If you are having trouble with bumps, then try this out.  It worked for me.

Question: how often do you guys change out your blades 

Offline frank_m

• Sly Jr.
Re: Results from using Headblade
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 08:48:50 PM »
since I started showering prior to shaving, I have no bumps.

all the information I've ever read on shaving suggests that you shower first then shave.

do a google search on wetshaving and read about it, I've applied some of the suggestions in wetshaving the face to my headshaving routine and I have awesome results.

good luck!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 12:10:54 AM »
I change my blades every Monday, so 7 days.  I use the Sensor Excel blades.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline VFRWolf

• Sly VFR Rider
  • Super Sly
    • My off roading page
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 04:08:37 AM »
I change my blades when they get dull, usually in 2 weeks.  I also shave in the shower.  Saves cleaning a mess.
Rob
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071117/sampa714ba256de1d637.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 12:15:40 PM »
I change my blades when they get dull, usually in 2 weeks.  I also shave in the shower.  Saves cleaning a mess.

Ditto... when they get dull (probably at least 2 weeks).  I get the best results in the shower, and I use a shower saver, so no guilt.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 02:00:06 PM »
I do get more shaves with the triples than the old doubles, like the others about two weeks.   O0

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2007, 08:15:54 AM »
I know this may sound strange and all..but I bought my headblade about 6 weeks ago.  Well you know the blade that comes with it?  I am still using it.  I have not had to change it yet.. and it hasnt dulled or anything...and believe me I am the first to see a blade goes dull cause the slightest pull on my facial hairs..teh damn blade goes in the trash...  You all may say there is no way...but i shave everyday and sometimes twice..  I will keep you all posted when it is time to finally lay it to rest.  But 6 weeks..still going strong...liek a timex..takes a licking ..

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2007, 09:53:09 PM »
I know this may sound strange and all..but I bought my headblade about 6 weeks ago.  Well you know the blade that comes with it?  I am still using it.  I have not had to change it yet.. and it hasnt dulled or anything...and believe me I am the first to see a blade goes dull cause the slightest pull on my facial hairs..teh damn blade goes in the trash...  You all may say there is no way...but i shave everyday and sometimes twice..  I will keep you all posted when it is time to finally lay it to rest.  But 6 weeks..still going strong...liek a timex..takes a licking ..

UNBELIEVABLE..... hey timmj.... r u sure your wife ain't putting new blades while u r sleeping.  ;D
man.... that it awesome.... talk about longevity & saving some $$$.  yeah... tim.... i want u 2 keep us posted when u do change the blade.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2007, 11:19:34 AM »
Oh believe me I will. And no she isnt puttin new blades on for me because the one that comes with the head blade had the little yellow strip..the others ones are either green or blue.  I used it still this morning...no problems yet....kinda fun to see how long it will last...

Enter your email address: