Author Topic: Surgical hats when you don't have hair  (Read 6932 times)

Offline louie

• Learning the way of Sly
Surgical hats when you don't have hair
« on: October 28, 2006, 12:45:31 PM »
I've never figured out other then was told its procedure why a guy that shaves his head smooth needs to wear a surgical hat.  My wife had surgery a couple of weeks ago and I noticed even a doctor who had a smooth noggin had one of those flimsy things on his head.  There's procedures and then there's supidity.

Guys don't need to cover their hairy arms when they have surgery so why do they need to cover a hairless heads?

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Surgical hats when you don't have hair
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2006, 08:26:10 PM »
That's funny...never thought of that.  I bet it's purely for insurance (malpractice) reasons. 

By the way...welcome to Sly Bald Guys!!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 10:09:58 AM »
I also found it odd. A little over a year ago I had to have a hernia surgery. I had just shaved my head that morning, and still had to put on a cap.

Your point about arms is good too. I have some Scottish heritage in the family and my arms are seriously hairy. One of life's great mysteries.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline BugMan

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 12:17:12 PM »
I'm guessing that it has something to do with Staph Infections.  Staph is all over hospitals, and enters through open sores.  It is likely that a shaven head has more broken skin since the skin is thinner. 

Bald_freak

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2007, 03:22:07 PM »
I was the head cook at a nursing home for awhile. My prep cook and I were both sly and had to wear hair nets.

Figure that one out.

Offline frostillicus123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Forgot to Shave this morning
    • My Twitter Explict Language
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2007, 04:57:58 PM »
When I was a meat cutter at  Super Store, they had a policy that meat cutters wear hair nets and hats. I did not have to wear either but I chose to wear the hat because I was so bloody cold otherwise... might actually be the same thing for the Doctor, the OR's can get a little chilly
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071111/samp9a1d5d13c394b3da.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Sooner Steve

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2007, 05:48:43 PM »
I am a lawyer with a firm that previously  did malpractice defense work.  Trust me, it's a liability issue.
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts." - Coach John Wooden

[img]http://tickers.Tick

Enter your email address: