Author Topic: Ingrowns with an electric shaver?? Or it it something else?  (Read 972 times)

Offline Nuclear Coffee

• Learning the way of Sly
Ingrowns with an electric shaver?? Or it it something else?
« on: February 03, 2014, 07:51:49 PM »
This is week three for me.  I'm using a Norelco Headgroom pro. the way I understand it you are suppose to go against the grain with an electric, Actually the motion is back and forth to get it all. I'm not trying to get my head Glass smooth, I know that not possible. I only use a razor above the ears to touch up what the electric can't get to.
I've read the forums, Bump patrol on shave days, and witch hazel on the others. These ingrown are at the top of the vertical part of my head on the side. 3 inches roughly above my ears.. also I'm a white guy and the hair on my head is stick straight. I've skipped shaving for a week, then shaved again 2 days ago.

Now here it is in the middle on the winter and most days some kind of head cover is a must.  I'm in and out of the weather all day for the job. Skullys ,knit beanie, stocking cap, are irritating. Company Baseball Cap, even more irritating. Where the worst irritations is at there are no ingrowns.

Is this the toughening up the scalp? how long will this go on. Is it the way I sleep? Is it the hats?

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Ingrowns with an electric shaver?? Or it it something else?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 02:39:55 AM »
How dirty is the cap? Your scalp may be toughening up, but do you wash your scalp either before or after shaving? Is there a way you could post a picture so we can see?
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.