Author Topic: Razor bump problems - what usually causes it?  (Read 1681 times)

Offline Sooner Steve

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Razor bump problems - what usually causes it?
« on: July 25, 2007, 12:17:47 PM »
Guys.  I am having a problem with razor bumps on the back of my head.  I have been using a general cleanser on my head that I have used on my forehead and face areas for many years.  I then apply HB shaving cream and use a HB Sport in the shower.  I rinse and follow up with the "ice trick".  I then follow up with the HB Clear Head.  I am now noticing quiet a few razor bumps.

What is the normal cause?
1.  Type of shave cream
2.  Type of razor blade
3.  The initial cleaner
4.  The ice treatment
5.  The HB Clear Head

I want to start experimenting to relieve this condition but thought I would ask for assistance to maybe jump ahead in the process.  ANY advice is welcomed.

"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts." - Coach John Wooden

[img]http://tickers.Tick

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Razor bump problems - what usually causes it?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 12:43:26 PM »
Are you noticing the bumps right after you shave?  I ask, because about a week ago I was noticing bumps on the right side of my head.  I thought it was from shaving, so I started experimenting.  Turns out, it was actually from me sleeping on my right side and with it being hot now in the summer I was getting some acne from sweating.  I started using some exfoliating scrub when showering before bed and it went away.

If it is from shaving, it's usually due to too much friction from the blade.  Try less pressure, new blades, and new or more shaving cream/gel.  If you do multiple passes, try applying more shaving cream between each pass.

The ice and HB ClearHead should clear it up, not make it worse.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
Re: Razor bump problems - what usually causes it?
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 08:31:55 PM »
The sly doc has spoken!!
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt