Author Topic: hi  (Read 26878 times)

Offline Andy007

• Sly Jr.
  • I'm maybe not sly, but that's ok :)
Re: hi
« Reply #105 on: August 12, 2007, 08:05:52 AM »
to give you a little update.

i got a buzz cut now (0.9 cm) . my hair is getting thicker constantly due to my treatments.

i will see if i can update my photo.

i wear a hat all the time though because it makes feel good.

due to this i dont think that much anymore about my hair, sometimes nearly none and i can concentrate on important things again :).

my life is great now.  and i dont think about killing myself anymore.

i will let my grow and see how it looks. to about 4-5 cm .

i think it will look good by then in about 10 weeks.

thx for your help 2 weeks ago!

Offline lloyddailey2000

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #106 on: August 12, 2007, 07:41:06 PM »
welcome andy!.well its like this, being bald is something you have to get use to. some guys can deal with it better then others. i been bald for a lot of years, but nature took care of mine. if you cant deal with being bald, then just let it grow back, it shouldnt take too long. being bald is all about confidence and being what you are.what ever you decide,good luck in your decision.

Offline yep_yep

• Sly
« Reply #107 on: September 01, 2007, 03:10:07 AM »
Hi man,

your story reminds me of mine in more than one way. I'm also young (25 in 2 months) and balding + don't really like the bald look (on me). But I'll tell you the truth, you look great in your avatar. You're a handsome dude and your head shape seems great for the stubble look you got going on. Your defined eyebrows definitely help, wish I had those...  ;). I have buzzed my hair close for 4 times now and always end up trying to grow it back, and it always grows back thinner than the last time. So I guess I should just man up and buzz it regularly.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 03:15:37 AM by yep_yep »

Offline andrew

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Sly for life ...
« Reply #108 on: September 01, 2007, 06:24:00 AM »
>> my life is great now.  and i dont think about killing myself anymore.

Andy,

Please don't let this get to you to the degree that it has.  I have Alopecia and lost my hair when I was 14 ...   Yes, it was traumatic at that young age and I had no choice but to wear a wig.  Being sly at 14 is probably a little too early.

One way or another I just decided I wasn't going to let this ruin my life (even at 14) and it hasn't.  32 years later I'm still wearing a wig, and I hate it, but it's not held me back from either personal or professional success and happiniess.  In fact, the comment that people always make about me is that my smile never leaves my face.   

So, chin up my man ....   it's only hair.

I'm expecting to go sly forever in the coming weeks or months .... 
“The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.”
–Albert Einstein

Offline Andy007

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #109 on: September 01, 2007, 03:50:57 PM »
thx you two!

i wore a hat the most time in the last weeks. now i try to ditch it. because i want to learn to handle balding.

its tough. today i drunk a coffee with a friend and was out without a hat. i met a girl i knew and who only knew me with long covering hair. but it was ok. nothing bad happened. maybe i just need to try it.

its not the same like with hair, but you got to live with it. what else can you do?

my hair is now about 1.5 cm long. but it still doesnt cover my scalp. so i wear it up with wax. i nearly got "short hair" now. not even a buzz cut anymore.

what im not brave enough yet is to go to a club with the balding showing. but im planning to do this next week.

i think what i need to learn is to accept my balding and to learn that people act perfectly normal towards me with it.

@yep_yep: thx for the compliments! ;)

@andrew: great that you learned to handle it and are successful and happy! wow, at 14 and you decided to not let in ruin your life. great!

i should do so too!

Offline Andy007

• Sly Jr.
to update my thread
« Reply #110 on: September 11, 2007, 12:25:11 PM »
to update my thread...

im doing better. i can walk around confident without a hat, im learning to accept my balding even if i will never like it.

my hair is even longer now (about 2 cm). so a long buzz cut or short hair.

i wear it differentley, sometimes up , sometimes down.

i will let it grow again to 5 cm at least. and i will see then.

so i maybe dont really fit anymore in this forum, but somehow i do coz im balding.

i think this forum is even about learning to accept balding (for those who do) and so is the sly bald look (for those who are balding). i think sly bald is not only a style , its even about accepting yourself and about living without worrying about looks.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: to update my thread
« Reply #111 on: September 11, 2007, 12:27:34 PM »

i think this forum is even about learning to accept balding (for those who do) and so is the sly bald look (for those who are balding). i think sly bald is not only a style , its even about accepting yourself and about living without worrying about looks.

Andy,

That's exactly right!  Glad to hear that you have more confidence and are learning to live without worry about your hair.  Stick around so that you can help other guys who have gone through the same situation as you.

Thanks for updating us!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
Re: to update my thread
« Reply #112 on: September 11, 2007, 02:14:18 PM »
I'm doing better. i can walk around confident without a hat, I'm learning to accept my balding even if i will never like it.

Andy, That is half the battle.  No one likes losing their hair, but deal with what nature dealt you.  I think the old saying is that Mother Nature can be a real "mutha" sometimes!

so i maybe don't really fit anymore in this forum, but somehow i do coz I'm balding.
Andy, You still have a home here ... come around more.  One day you may decide to make sly the look for you.

Glad things are going all better.  Don't be such a stranger.  Check in more. 
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #113 on: September 11, 2007, 03:17:32 PM »
andy...glad that things  r  looking up.  post up 2 keep us updated or just 2 hang out on the sly forum.  c  ya  around.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #114 on: September 11, 2007, 03:32:19 PM »
Andy, sounds like you are finally getting a handle on things.
Stick around with us, you fit fine. We'll help you feel more confidence, and give you encouragement with any issues or doubts that may arise.
Glad you're feeling better about yourself.     O0

Offline Andy007

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #115 on: September 12, 2007, 04:31:48 PM »
today i played soccer. and it was good. i didnt care about my hair. the only thing i need to do is not looking into mirrors while im outside my house.

i even geled my hair. it makes it look like its only thin coz i have gel in it. little trick. i even think when i have gel in it, i look better.

i think it is good to do everything which helps you handle it better.

Offline Andy007

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #116 on: October 25, 2007, 01:01:44 AM »
my hair is medium long already again.  :) i like it more this way than sly bald even if i dont have a perfect head of hair.

here is a photo (i used some toppik for the photo  ;) . normally i dont use that crap)

i still hate my hair and it makes me a bit unsecure that its thin but im nowhere like killing myself or wearing a cap. im really fine now. i even go to night clubs again.

the sly bald look isnt something for me though.

my hair is anyway not that bad anymore. i looked at it under bright light from top in the bathroom and even there it looked ok.

so at all im fine.  :)  well the last 3-4 month i was in the hairloss forums again but now i will stop again :).