Author Topic: Mirror Shaver or Shave By Feel  (Read 7301 times)

Offline DOC_OSMC

• Bald and Bearded
  • Super Sly
  • Pleasure's a sin, and sometimes sin's a pleasure.
Re: Mirror Shaver or Shave By Feel
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2014, 05:51:05 AM »
Now that's a brilliant idea!
My granddaddy once told me, "If you can't hack it, gecho' jacket!"

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2014, 07:37:05 AM »
I also have a 3 panel med cabinet, vintage 1958 when my home was built. It is really cool, can see all angles.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline antoniom

• Sly
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2014, 06:12:12 PM »
I like to use a mirror to see what I'm doing but Ican also go by feel without a mirror

Offline DOC_OSMC

• Bald and Bearded
  • Super Sly
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2014, 12:50:22 PM »
So I did shave by feel today in the shower.  Not bad, although I did have to reapply the shave cream a couple of times.  I did have to go over a few areas a couple of times from missing them, but overall, it worked out.  I must admit the steam from the shower felt like it helped guide the blade a lot better and the shave seemed smoother.

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2014, 02:20:55 PM »
I go by feel. I do have a mirror in my shower but rarely use it.
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2014, 01:43:43 PM »
All my mirrors are made of tin foil as real mirrors break as i am dog ugly! lol

Offline antoniom

• Sly
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2014, 06:39:12 PM »
 I find that an in shower shavi s lot quicker plus your doing it by feel unless you have a mirror

Offline Thebaldnation

• wanting to bring our Bald community closer together
  • Sly
    • ThebaldNation
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2014, 08:38:46 PM »
I use a hand held mirror for the back, always have, I get to nervous to shave by feel, always scared I'm gonna cut the back of my head, I also make 2 passes on the back and sides , 1 pass with the grain, 2 pass against the grain for an extra smooth feel. I need a mirror to see what I'm doing, then yes I touch up the little spots missed by feel, so I guess I can say I do both.
<!-- Facebook Badge START --><a href="http://www.facebook.com/people/Baldguy-Thebaldnationsbest/1827707468" title="Baldguy Thebaldnationsbest" target="_TOP" style="font-family: &quot;lucida grande&quot;,tahoma,verdana,arial,sans-serif; font-size: 11px; font-variant: normal; font-style: normal; font-
[url=http

Offline DOC_OSMC

• Bald and Bearded
  • Super Sly
Re: Re: Mirror Shaver or Shave By Feel
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2014, 10:58:31 PM »
Shaved by feel in the shower again, and I gotta say, I'm getting better it at. Again, the steam from the shower seems to make the shave go smoother and easier. Or if that just in my head?

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Re: Mirror Shaver or Shave By Feel
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2014, 11:11:32 PM »
Shaved by feel in the shower again, and I gotta say, I'm getting better it at. Again, the steam from the shower seems to make the shave go smoother and easier. Or if that just in my head?

For me. . . I get better head shaves in the shower.  Going by feel is the only way to go for this head shaver. 8)

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

andrewswenson

« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2014, 02:19:06 AM »
Feel is not an option for me because there is always something I'll miss whether it be on my skull or face even when it all feels okay.

I always used the mirror above the sink until today, actually. Finally cleaned my bathroom after too long and realized I was creating a disgusting mess from the sink mirror method.

Mom got me a fogless mirror that sticks on the shower wall for Christmas and I finally tried it out today. I have to say it's the best thing any man can do for themselves when shaving anywhere from the neck on up. No mess, shaving cream is nice and warm, and your hairs are ultra soft. Gets done much faster with less irritation.

This is the one I have:

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/Suction-Forma-Mirror/1013036500?Keyword=fog+mirror

Offline DOC_OSMC

• Bald and Bearded
  • Super Sly
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2014, 08:52:33 AM »
Two days in a row now shaving by feel and in the shower.  I see now why some of you shave every day.  It's easier and quicker to do when there is only minimal growth.  And again, the steam in the shower seems to make the blade glide smoother and with no irritation.  This might convert me to an every day shaver.  I do still do some minor touch-up in front of the mirror for the side burns area of my beard, but that only takes less than a minute.

Offline Thebaldnation

• wanting to bring our Bald community closer together
  • Sly
    • ThebaldNation
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2014, 09:03:38 AM »
I gotta try that, I hear more and more BaldGuys say it's the only way to go, would make sense and it's less clean up time 2, then just moisturize.
<!-- Facebook Badge START --><a href="http://www.facebook.com/people/Baldguy-Thebaldnationsbest/1827707468" title="Baldguy Thebaldnationsbest" target="_TOP" style="font-family: &quot;lucida grande&quot;,tahoma,verdana,arial,sans-serif; font-size: 11px; font-variant: normal; font-style: normal; font-
[url=http

Offline EarlBald

• Super Sly
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2014, 04:22:52 PM »
In this cold weather, I love to pamper myself by shaving my head in the shower, making it last longer.  I shave by feel, and, as mentioned, it seems easier with the hot water flowing and making steam.  I don't know if I'll keep with this when the weather gets warmer.

Enter your email address: