Author Topic: Am I sly ?  (Read 2601 times)

Offline murph

• Learning the way of Sly
Am I sly ?
« on: July 22, 2007, 01:12:31 PM »
Hey Guys, I shaved what was left on top. I kept the sidesd at a 2. Am I considered sly?

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Am I sly ?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 08:13:38 PM »
Hey Guys, I shaved what was left on top. I kept the sidesd at a 2. Am I considered sly?

Sly is mostly about confidence and attitude, as opposed to just a hairstyle, so as the saying goes, if you have to ask .....    :-\

But stick around and you'll learn a lot and we'll get you there. ;D

It's hard to dispense advice without seeing a photo, but personally, I think #2 is a bit too long to leave the sides.   The general rule of thumb is, the shorter the better.   For most people this means shaving the entire head clean.  Once you're completely slick on top, there usually isn't much reason to hang on to the horseshoe.   If you're not ready to do that yet, then try taking it down to a #1.  It will look tidier and will only take about a week to grow back out to a #2.  Then when you're used to the #1, try shaving it all off.  It only takes a week to grow back if you don't like it.

Welcome to the group.

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 08:23:02 PM »

But stick around and you'll learn a lot and we'll get you there. ;D

It's hard to dispense advice without seeing a photo, but personally, I think #2 is a bit too long to leave the sides.   The general rule of thumb is, the shorter the better.   For most people this means shaving the entire head clean.  Once you're completely slick on top, there usually isn't much reason to hang on to the horseshoe.   If you're not ready to do that yet, then try taking it down to a #1.  It will look tidier and will only take about a week to grow back out to a #2.  Then when you're used to the #1, try shaving it all off.  It only takes a week to grow back if you don't like it.

Welcome to the group.

Welcome.  Stick around and soon you won't have to ask....YOU WILL KNOW!!!! O0
« Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 08:26:35 PM by SLYinKC »
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 01:11:08 AM »
Hey Murph, welcome to Sly Bald Guys!  Being sly is really about your own confidence with the way you look with your bald head.  If that's with a #2, then that's you, but I think many of us would suggest at least trying to shave it down if you haven't - it can be quite liberating.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Sooner Steve

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 07:53:23 AM »
Am I sly?  No one can tell me if I am sly.  Sly is a feeling, a part of your spirit, a change in how you feel.  Only you can say whether you are truly sly.
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts." - Coach John Wooden

[img]http://tickers.Tick

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 11:06:27 PM »
murph... welcome 2 the forum.  glad that u found us.  "am i sly"....... HELL YEAH!!!!.....i am sly!!! from top 2 bottom & from bottom 2 top!!!  man.... sly is about having self-confidence regardless of how people view u.  it is about being proud and bringing energy 2 yourself and giving that energy 2 others.  sly is about being positive when negatives r being thrown @ u like a young nolan ryan fastball!!!

as the other sly brahs have mentioned.... being sly is from within.  so..... r u sly???.....man..... u can only answer that!!!
anyways... hope u stick around & c ya around the forum.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2007, 11:28:58 PM »
Hey Murph,
Welcome.
To echo what the other dudes have said, SLY is an attitude. Embrace what you've got (or don't have....glass half full kinda thing) and be proud of it.

I've run the gamet with the slick dome. Suffering MPB (male pattern baldness), shaved it off (loved it, the lovely Mrs. Schro hated it) grew it back (marital bliss issue), and have a compromise with Mrs. Schro. Bottom line... through this exercise, I've grown to truly embrace my look. Am I better looking totally slick vs. a #1 cut? Some say yes, some say no. Jury's still out for me. It's a personal decision. However, I would agree with Razor...I carried a #2 buzz for years, and it was too long for me. Trust me, there is a marked difference between #2 and #1. Go #1, at a minimum.

Cheers!
Schro

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.