Author Topic: newly sly here  (Read 8086 times)

ugabulldog

newly sly here
« on: July 22, 2007, 12:38:15 PM »
And feeling good.... A brief history of me: I have shaved my head with clippers several times but never closer than no guard and never with a razor. I had hair transplant surgery back in the mid 90's (big mistake, before bald was as acceptable, I am also a member over at hairlosshelp.com) and I have about a 4 inch scar in the back. It is pretty small compared to some that i have seen. Anyways, I have always been self-conscious of the scar and having a shaved/semi shaved head for work as I am in sales and usually just wear a short cut with @ 1 inch on top. I am somewhat thinning as well but not real bad. Well this week after reading on this forum alot, I shaved with clippers no guard, and worked up the courage to "bic it" I gotta say at first i didn't like it , the scalp was all white compared to my face but after a few days of being outside I am really starting to like it. Also, I think the scar shows up less because there is no hair on the rest of the scalp either. I like it with about 2 days growth though I think, kind of a "lazy sly" maybe. Anyways it feels great, very cool, looks profesional, and I have been getting more looks from the ladies, maybe a confidence thing, i don't know. My wife hates it shaved but oh well. Thanks to all the sly guys on here. (Gues that history wasn't quite so brief, sorry)

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
Re: newly sly here
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 12:59:12 PM »
Welcome. bulldog, your story sounds familiar around here.  Glad you've joined us.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 01:43:26 PM »
Welcome ugabulldog, to the SBG family, glad you've joined us.
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2007, 02:06:18 PM »
Welcome aboard bulldog, glad you joined us.  Post up a pic when you get a chance so we can put a dome to the name. 
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2007, 04:47:35 PM »
Welcome Bulldog
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

jp_bald

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2007, 05:56:59 PM »
really nice!!!
wellcome to the bald comunity
enjoy the forum sly.....

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2007, 06:32:45 PM »
welcome bro

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2007, 08:59:56 PM »
welcome to SBG's uga!

Geaux Tigers!
VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2007, 09:21:44 PM »
Welcome bulldog!  Thanks for the introduction.  We look forward to getting to know you.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

KALBO

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2007, 09:25:39 PM »
Welcome to SBGs!!! 8)

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2007, 09:31:24 PM »
ugabulldog....welcome 2 the sly fraternity.  glad that u found us.  this is a gr8 site filled w/ a bunch of gr8 guys & gals.  c ya around the forum.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline leafsfanatic

• I bleed blue
  • Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2007, 11:05:47 PM »
Welcome aboard ugabulldog!
Give me ambiguity, or give me something else!

Offline Beer Barron

• Super Sly
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2007, 03:08:50 AM »
Greetings ugabulldog, and welcome to SBG!

Offline Sooner Steve

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2007, 07:51:01 AM »
Welcome UGA.  Enjoyed your story.  It is similar to many of the other stories from members on here.

Glad to see you are taking control of your life.  Sometimes it is our perceived "flaws" that make us unique.  My "flaw" in my mind was no hair.  Once I finally embraced that "flaw" as part of my uniqueness on June 8, I have never been happier. 

Get a little more sunlight on the dome and it will match the face.  That's what I did and I like it more and more each day.

Welcome and look forward to your avatar.
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts." - Coach John Wooden

[img]http://tickers.Tick

Offline Scott

• Sly Bureau
  • Celebrating 5+ Years of SLYNESS!
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2007, 12:31:46 PM »
Welcome ugabulldog!  Glad to have another SEC fan on here! 

Enter your email address: