Author Topic: Help with burns, irritation, itchiness  (Read 4735 times)

Offline cooley

• Learning the way of Sly
Help with burns, irritation, itchiness
« on: July 21, 2007, 11:06:50 PM »
I just started shaving my head bald about two weeks and I love it(my wife loves it to ;D ;D). Every time I shave I get bad bumps, burns, irritation, itchiness and as for itchiness I almost rip my scalp off because it itches so bad.  I use tea tree oil and high time bump stopper to clear up the bumps and the after shave skin conditioner stops the itching and burn for about an hour then I have to do it again. What can I do?
           PS I am using Schick Xtreme 3 w/aloe strips, Edge shaving cream, Afta after shave skin conditioner and rubbing alcohol 

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Help with burns, irritation, itchiness
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 11:24:12 PM »
Cooley, first off welcome to Sly Bald Guys!

If you're getting bumps with the irritation and itching, I'm guessing you might be having an adverse reaction to something in the shaving gel or aftershave or you might be putting too much pressure on the blade when shaving.  Try changing up to a different type of shaving gel or cream.  Many of us use HeadSlick by HeadBlade or Bald Guyz shaving gel, both which are carried in the big chain pharmacies or Wal-Mart.

Also, do you shave in front of the sink or in the shower?  You may want to try applying cold water or ice to your head after shaving to help close the pores.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 09:49:28 AM »
welcome cooley.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2007, 02:18:34 PM »
Welcome cooley glad to have you with us.   Definitely try the very cold water rinse after shaving, it can help to eliminate the bumps and be very soothing.   Some of th guys even use ice afterwards instead of the water.  I have had great success with the Bald Guyz Moisturing gel for relieving irritation and avoiding bumps.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Head Bald Guy

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2007, 05:34:30 PM »
Hey Cooley, Bald Guyz welcomes you to SBG!! You should check out our Shave Gel and Moisture gel and I am sure your head will never look better. All Sly Bald Guys get a 15% discount when ordering on our website @ www.baldguyz.com. Just put Sly Bald Guys in the comments section and let your head lead the way!!

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 10:41:54 PM »
cooley.... welcome 2 the sly brotherhood.  glad that u found us.  well.... u got some gr8 advice from r fellow sly brahs.  after u shave the head & do the cold water rinse followed with the ice cubes.  u might want 2 apply cold aloe vera 2 your dome. aloe vera + fridge was a tip from r fellow sly brah....pburke.  u might also want 2 get a better razor like the fusion or mach3  or even a headblade.  i'm a fusion (manual) man.  and the fusion rocks 4 me.

anyways... keep us posted on your progress 2 slyness.  the beauty of being sly is that there r many directions & ways 2 get there.  hope that we can help u.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline johndan

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2007, 02:37:51 PM »
Aveeno makes a non irritating shave gel that might help you. Look for the one that has no perfume in it. Mach 3 with very light pressure and you might want to consider an electric wet dry razor if you are still getting the bumps. I use the electric on the back  of my head and neck and the Mach 3 everywhere else. I finish with some 100% aloe gel that must be kept in the fridge. If you are going to buy some aloe gel get one that has nothing else added, just aloe. My head is getting tougher and I can gently use the blade on the back of my head so it may just take a bit of time for your skin to toughen up.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2007, 07:51:44 PM »
Welcome Cooley
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Sooner Steve

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2007, 08:58:17 PM »
Welcome Cooley.  My advice is just experiment with some different options and read the previous threads on here.  You will get some great advice.  I like the ice cube trick.  I still get quiet a bit of rash but it goes away in about 30 to 45 minutes.  Welcome again.
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts." - Coach John Wooden

[img]http://tickers.Tick