Poll

Which two teams do you want to see in the Super Bowl?

Seahawks/Broncos
3 (50%)
Seahawks/Patriots
2 (33.3%)
49ers/Broncos
1 (16.7%)
49ers/Patriots
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: NFL Playoffs 2013-14  (Read 5231 times)

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
NFL Playoffs 2013-14
« on: January 08, 2014, 10:05:51 AM »
Surprised that no one started a thread on this already...but I can certainly understand with us only two weeks removed from Christmas, and work among other things may have gotten in the way. That said, this past weekend was pretty exciting with the four wildcard games; three of which were decided by one, two and three points respectively, and the fourth, well, involved the last team to qualify in the AFC getting a road win against a team that was undefeated at home in the postseason.

My not-so-brief thoughts:

1. While the Chiefs had many key injuries and lost many key players, there is still no reason blowing a 28-point lead with less than two quarters of football to play. Kudos to Andrew Luck and the Colts to not get down on themselves and to not give up, resulting in the second-biggest comeback in playoff history. Still, that was an epic failure by the Chiefs coaching staff and players, IMO. (P.S. Steelers fans, please don't say the Chiefs loss was karma for them not winning their week 17 game to put you in the playoffs, your team should have found a way to win one more game...and I'm going to leave it at that.)

2. Saints get their first road playoff win in their 47-year existence!  ;D A young Philly team played a great game, but let some opportunities get away, and the defense could not get one last stop when they needed it most. The Saints, however, will need more than their A+ game in Seattle, or the result could be very much like what happened last month in that Monday Night Football game

3. Bengals, Bengals, Bengals....(sigh). Once again, this is a classic example of what happens in the regular season means zilch when the postseason starts..8-0 at home and to lay an egg when you finally get a playoff game at home....I think the Chargers may have a shot in Denver given P. Manning's playoff history...

4. While the Chiefs/Colts game was exciting and high-scoring, the 49ers/Packers game was a classic throwback game that many of the older NFL fans can appreciate....Given all that the Packers went through, pulling the division out of the fire despite not having A-Rod for half the season and making this game interesting was a big accomplishment on their part.
That 49ers/Panthers game should be very good.

So what are your thoughts on any of the games? Is your favorite team still in the running? Any particular Super Bowl Matchup you want to see? Please share.

Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Bald Guy

• Sly Jr.
Re: NFL Playoffs 2013-14
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 11:12:04 AM »
I've been a Broncos and Patriots fan my entire life and would love to see one of them in the big show.  I think Seattle has to be the favorite for the NFC, as I don't think anyone is going to be able to beat them at home in the post season.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 06:50:37 AM »
Well, now that the second week of the Playoffs is in the books:

While the Seahawks are a very dominant team at home; the Saints had their chances to win this game and missed. The last play of that game had many people going  :/O :/O

Sorry Colts fans, Kind of hard to pull off a comeback two games in a row with that many turnovers...The future looks good for the Colts, though

The Panthers clearly were the team that couldn't act like they've been there before...and it showed.

Peyton finally gets a playoff win outside of Indy!...San Diego did make it interesting at the end though

So who do you like in the Championships this weekend?...I think any four of the possible combinations would make a good Super Bowl

Offline Bald Guy

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 08:27:50 AM »
If the Patriots can pound the ball like they did against the Colts last week, they will beat the Broncos.  If Seattle doesn't play better than they did against the Saints, they will lose to Frisco.

Honestly, I see the SB being the Patriots vs. Seahawks, with the Patriots winning.  I think Russell Wilson and company will have too many jitters to overcome.

Offline Y2KOTA

• Sly Jr.
Re:
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 05:25:46 PM »
Long story short....... GO PATS!!

Offline Bald Guy

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 06:48:48 PM »
I like the way you think Y2KOTA

Offline Y2KOTA

• Sly Jr.
Re:
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 05:07:44 AM »
Thanks Bald Guy.    Go PATS!

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2014, 08:35:12 AM »
Seahawks and the Broncos.

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2014, 08:50:49 AM »
I am not particularly interested in the Super Bowl, but can't wait for the SF / Seattle game. I like both teams, so I'm fine with whatever outcome. Whoever wins this game I hope wins the Super Bowl...The Tuck Rule Pats & The Donkeys are two teams I despise the most.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2014, 08:57:39 AM »
Schro....I respect your sentiments.....I'm guessing your dislike for the Pats is because your Raiders were the victim of that rule and the Broncos because we all hate our teams' divisional rivals, right?

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2014, 11:22:33 AM »
Schro....I respect your sentiments.....I'm guessing your dislike for the Pats is because your Raiders were the victim of that rule and the Broncos because we all hate our teams' divisional rivals, right?

Bingo!

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2014, 10:29:22 AM »
At this point I'm rooting for whoever beats the Patriots, and even though the Seahawks are rivals of the Cardinals, I would rather have them win than the 49'ers!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 10:31:48 AM by xnewyawka »

Offline Bald Guy

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2014, 08:19:46 AM »
So it turns out to be the Bronco's and Seahawks.  I'm thinking the Bronco's will win 31-17, what's your final score pick?

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2014, 08:44:49 AM »
Should be a great matchup....I think that Seattle's defense is too physical for Denver to put up the 30-40 points that we've been accustomed to. This is probably Peyton Manning's last chance to shut his detractors up once and for all. If Denver scores at least 28, they should win because Seattle, as good as Russell Wilson is, don't have the offensive firepower to keep pace. Given the elements, I think this will be a low scoring game with the Broncos winning 21-16.

Enter your email address: