Author Topic: Barbershop Shaves  (Read 8101 times)

Offline skinhead002

• Super Sly
Re: Barbershop Shaves
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2007, 10:57:28 AM »
I'm always getting questions from the gallery when Im in the chair getting skinned at my barbers.  Probably half of my barbers business are high and tight flat tops, crewcuts, no guard clipper shaves, and some razor headshaves on fellow policemen, troopers andmilitary.

Offline Jim80

• Sly
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2007, 06:27:09 PM »
My wife and I are planning to go to Las Vegas in January and I would like to get a shave at The art of Shaving.
I called yesterday to see about how far in advance I need to call for an appointment and they told me at least a month. What all do they do for a headshave.

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2007, 05:39:00 AM »
My wife and I are planning to go to Las Vegas in January and I would like to get a shave at The art of Shaving.
I called yesterday to see about how far in advance I need to call for an appointment and they told me at least a month. What all do they do for a headshave.

Damn..1 month in advance for a barbershop headshave?

Gee, I have no doubt Art of Shaving are reputable and even exclusive but that is heavy.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2007, 08:59:05 AM »

I was able to make an appointment a couple days ahead of time.

Basically they do a hot towel soak with some softening stuff.  Then, they shave your head and face, followed by a cold towel wrap.  There's more to it, but that's the high level.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2007, 12:12:39 PM »

I was able to make an appointment a couple days ahead of time.

Basically they do a hot towel soak with some softening stuff.  Then, they shave your head and face, followed by a cold towel wrap.  There's more to it, but that's the high level.

Now that's what I'm talkin' about!  I'm going to get out the Yellow Pages and start calling some barber shops!   O:O

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2007, 05:48:23 AM »
How many Art of Shaving barber shops are there and are they only located in the US.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2007, 04:00:37 AM »
How many Art of Shaving barber shops are there and are they only located in the US.

Here's a list, but it looks like they are only in the U.S.

http://www.theartofshaving.com/taos6/locations.php
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

X The Hierophant

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2007, 07:54:07 AM »
I saw the one in Atlanta last fall while on a business trip, but alas I was not even considering being sly at the time  :'( ... if I had only known ...

Offline skinhead002

• Super Sly
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2007, 01:27:44 PM »
I recommend you check the local blue collar barbershops that us Soldiers and cops go too.  You'll find a growing number of them that give razor headshaves.

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2007, 06:57:17 PM »
Here's a pic of one:

Have a link for buying something like that as well? :)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 01:01:26 PM by shdwwlk »

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2007, 01:32:47 AM »

KC

« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2007, 02:36:24 PM »
Had let my hair grow for a few days and decided to let my friendly barber clean me up.  He must have spent more than half an hour grooming me.  Used an edger to take off any fuzz that had sprouted up.  He then used a shaving oil and shaving cream to prep the scalp for the blade.  Prior to shaving an area, he sprayed it with what appeared to be a moisturizer and took one area at a time with his blade which looked like a straight razor but had disposable razor blades.  In between scrapings, he cleaned the blade on the towel he had around my shoulders.  The stubble cleaned off the blade was a fine black slurry.  He even shaved down the stubble where I was careless shaving this morning on my sideburn area and cheeks.  Needless to say, I was pleased with the end result.  A true Mr. Clean ^-^!  I may need to get a barbershop shave occasionally as part of the ritual.

Ken

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2007, 05:25:29 PM »
Last Thursday i had a barbershop shave, i forgot to shave on wenesday, it took the barber about 40 minutes to get me real slick,

Offline skinhead002

• Super Sly
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2007, 06:15:21 PM »
I dont go all the time but nothing beats rewarding yourself occasionally

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2007, 06:47:22 AM »
Have not had a chance to get a barbershop headshave yet. Looking to do it soon. I am going to specifically request it be done with a straight razor.

Enter your email address: