Author Topic: Almost ready to go sly, but worried about my head shape...  (Read 16692 times)

Offline stasiu

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • All dressed up & no hair to go !
Re: Almost ready to go sly, but worried about my head shape...
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2014, 09:23:36 AM »
Welcome aboard. You are an excellent addition to the world of the sly. I am sure you will rock the smooth dome. All the best on your journey to baldness.

Welcome to SBG !  You have no worries about head shape perception.  It would be worse if you just kept the horseshoe sides / back hair and the usual male pattern bald top which really accentuates head shape then.  My head is essentially flat in back but being all smooth-n-sly does not focus the eye to my head's imperfection.  Good Luck !

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2014, 09:48:34 AM »
I think I'm almost ready.

What will make the difference to change "I think I'm almost ready." to "I'm ready NOW!"?
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2014, 09:56:22 AM »

I think I'm almost ready. When I do it, I will post pics.

And if you are like most of us, you will be asking why you waited so long.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline DOC_OSMC

• Bald and Bearded
  • Super Sly
  • Pleasure's a sin, and sometimes sin's a pleasure.
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2014, 11:40:59 AM »
Bro, the head shape is good, and the beard is good.  Once you go to a 0, you'll realize that you should just shave it all the way off. 

I actually think your longer beard will work well.  I keep mine tighter and  more close cropped because I can't grow a long beard.  However, if I could like yourself and several on this forum, I would grow it thicker and fuller!  Go to the beard section and take a look at all the various beard lengths.  There's something that works for everyone.
My granddaddy once told me, "If you can't hack it, gecho' jacket!"

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2014, 12:14:11 PM »
As you can see from my pic on the left, i dont care what people think about my bald head! lol

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2014, 01:06:22 PM »
I took the plunge last June, haven't regretted it once, and got dozens of positive comments!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline anonymousnomore

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2014, 04:51:09 PM »
Part of the reason for wanting to wait til June wasn't just the sun on the head thing, but also because I'm a teacher and football coach, and I think doing it in the summer would give me time to get adjusted as well as let me start a new year with a new look. That may be a dumb reason, but for some reason, it makes me feel better.....

Offline EarlBald

• Super Sly
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2014, 04:57:12 PM »
Whatever works for you ... it took me forever to decide to keep my head shaved, so I'm certainly not criticizing.  However, if you end up wanting to shave it all before, go for it!

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2014, 05:06:24 PM »
Part of the reason for wanting to wait til June wasn't just the sun on the head thing, but also because I'm a teacher and football coach, and I think doing it in the summer would give me time to get adjusted as well as let me start a new year with a new look. That may be a dumb reason, but for some reason, it makes me feel better.....

I'm a teacher, too. I had been buzzing my hair for years but the first time I shaved with a razor was this past June! ( I think I might have asked you in a prior post why June because I thought you might have been a teacher!) Kids will comment on everything and I wasn't ready to deal with that. But, before school started this September, I chickened out and let my fuzz grow back in. It wasn't until I became a member here this fall and started reading these posts that I began razor shaving completely bald on a regular basis.

So now I am razor sly pretty much all the time ( but I do get lazy occasionally). And now that is the way I prefer it! So thanks to the guys on this forum!

Today a second grade girl I was working with said to me, "You're bald." And I said, "Yes, I am." She was simply stating a fact - making an observation. That's it.

So I probably didn't need to wait for June, but that worked for me at the time and I went sly on my own terms and it ended up working for me. It'll be the same for you. But we're all here for support, no matter what you decide.
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline anonymousnomore

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2014, 08:10:43 PM »
Thanks for the support and the advice. It really does help guys like me. Here's a pic of my sweet island of hair. It definitely has to go :).
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 10:21:48 AM by anonymousnomore »

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2014, 08:25:38 PM »
That may be a dumb reason, but for some reason, it makes me feel better.....

Dumb reason? No such thing. It sounds like you have thought this through.

Do it on your terms. There is no rush.

But like I said before, you probably will be asking why you waited so long once you do.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline BBCESQ

• Sly
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2014, 12:46:35 PM »
Yep. Just as you thought. You definitely are your own worst critic.

This.  I can tell you that the itch to shave does not go away, it only gets worse.  I was always worried about the shape of my head, but wanted to go for it anyway.  Once I did it, I got tons of complements.  Whether they were being genuine or not, I don't know, but I do know that I love the look and I am the one that has to live with it. 

Good luck and can't wait to see the before and after pics.

Enter your email address: